X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W Class “One To Go” Fares ex-SIN for Economy Class

More signs of the tough times...
    Dear Valued Corporate Customer,

Singapore Airlines has introduced a W class fares for economy class for sale from 27 February to 8 March 2009.

The “W” class fares will be available for individual travelers to 21 exciting destinations. These destinations include Bangkok, Hong Kong, Sydney, Los Angeles, Delhi and Dubai. The W class fares will have specific minimum and maximum stay requirements based on the destination.

Please contact your appointed travel agents for bookings requirements. Kindly note that even though this is market wide fare, please remind your agent to tag your corporate code to your bookings in order to accumulate the flown revenue under your company’s corporate account.

We have attached a copy of the W class fares sheet for your reference. We look forward to your continual support for Singapore Airlines.

Best regards,
    Corporate Team
    Singapore Sales
    Singapore Airlines Limited
    Examples:
    Singapore - Brisbane rt BNE 1008
    Singapore - Ho Chi Minh City rt SGN 408

A relation of mine just bought a Y tix on Emirates to Dubai.... S$880.00, whereas fare for SQ Y is about S$1500......... hard times, but they are over pricing themselves....
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
      A relation of mine just bought a Y tix on Emirates to Dubai.... S$880.00, whereas fare for SQ Y is about S$1500......... hard times, but they are over pricing themselves....
      I agree. 1008 SIN-BNE-SIN is not cheap at all. One could get that as a Q class fare. I wonder how much SIN-LAX-SIN costs under W fare. ANA is offering 949 round trip for SIN-LAX-SIN all in with accruable miles!

Comment

I'd be interested to hear what they are charging to whatever destinations have been selected for the W fare, and it seems mileage is non-accruable, right?

Not to mention it's neither Y, B or E, so once again, individual travellers like myself have no chance to upgrade on a W fare.

Even a 50% mileage accrual would have been reasonable, but the lack of this = not an impressive offering overall.

This is however the exact kind of fare that appeals to various company secretaries looking for the cheapest way to book tickets for staff who need to travel and are required to fly in Economy. A scary thought. Hence the pitch towards the Corporates.

Comment

The ANA seems to have a better deal and offering with miles that will help to reattain Star Alliance Gold Status. I can't help having the feelings that the full impact of the credit crisis has not seeped into the SQ's marketing approach. Afraid that my favourite airline and as a long-term shareholder, I do have some concerns about the management being a couple of steps behind the curve on top of the poor decisions to go with MU, full business seats on direct flights to NYC/LAX, PPS Downgrading and the Exclusivity of the Suites. Have complacency overwhelmed the management?

Comment

a Fares listed are valid for travel on Singapore Airlines flights only, and must be issued in Singapore on Singapore Airlines e-ticket documents.
            b Fares listed will include associated taxes and surcharges and are subject to change due to currency fluctuations.
            c
            d Fares listed are available from 27 February to 8 March 2009, subject to seat availability.
            e
            f
            g Other terms and conditions apply.
            h Please contact your travel agent today for more details.
            Fares listed are per person in Economy Class, for travel out of SIN between 2 March to 29 April 2009 but not valid for travel out of SIN between 9
            April to 10 April 2009.
            Fares quoted are valid on all flights except: JKT - SQ958/SQ960/SQ968; BKK - SQ976/SQ980/SQ978; SGN - SQ178/SQ186; HKG -
            SQ866/SQ868/SQ870/SQ862; SHA - SQ828/SQ836/SQ826; TPE - SQ878; BNE - SQ245/SQ255; MEL - SQ227/SQ237; SYD - SQ231/SQ233; AKL -
            SQ281; BOM - SQ422; DEL - SQ406; DXB - SQ494/SQ454
            Fares listed do not include optional charges, such as ticketing fees levied on buying tickets at ticket offices, travel agencies or through telephone
            sales.

Comment

I just did a mock booking on the website and OMG! mileage is accruable! this is the most most amazing thing i have ever seen SQ do. Unfortunately i am flying in MAy. What a downer.

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                I agree. 1008 SIN-BNE-SIN is not cheap at all. One could get that as a Q class fare. I wonder how much SIN-LAX-SIN costs under W fare. ANA is offering 949 round trip for SIN-LAX-SIN all in with accruable miles!
                Ah I see SIN-LAX vv. and SIN-SFO vv. cost S$1800+ each. And fully mileage accruable. NH still seems to offer a much better deal at almost half that price for March-April (and even cheaper for April - June) on some days, and 70% miles.

Comment

actually EWR you are right. after a bit of pondering i realised that it isn't really a good deal. I'd still go NH at this point. All SQ has done is discounted it to a point where there is no fuel surcharge. This should already have been taken out in the first place. So yeah their ploy almost worked... thanks for knocking some sense back into me.

Comment

Fuel surcharge sort of being eliminated as a result nonwithstanding, if SIN-BNE-SIN at SGD 1008 is mileage accruable, I'll take my statement back - that is decent for this route indeed. Pity it's a non-upgradable class, but I will consider a trip this month to BNE as a result on SQ. Also due to some arm-twisting..

But really, I wish it was upgradable. Then I'd definitely go without thinking thrice..

Will make a dummy booking.

Update on the dummy booking: "Not available for the Flexi Saver fare" comes up when I try to select the red-eye flight from SIN-BNE. Brilliant. What's the point, that's the only flight I book anyway to have any significant amount of time in BNE..
                    Last edited by Kyo; 2 March 2009, 11:35 AM.

Comment

W class is the standard 'Flexi-Saver' fare offered ex-Australia with full mileage. I guess this is a new fare ex-SIN. I dont find the fares particularly attractive. Emirates regularly offer AUD600 (approx same as SGD) for MEL/SIN return, WITH FULL MILES, with 30% bonus for booking online!
                      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

sq is particularly harsh on its local population by not having any discount fares that accrues mileage, and so those living in Singapore get extremely excited when we get the fare that those living abroad have been getting previously. you are right that this is something new to us Ex-SIN. However as the other airlines also start rolling out their new "recession fares," SQ is again a step behind. Now they are offeing something similar to what other airlines have been offering during the boom.

Comment

I guess the promotions are not doing very well... The 2-to-go fares and the W one-to-go are on sale in tandem now... Till March 17

Comment

Working...
                          X