This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Unfortunately my trip has had to be cancelled. I am not too bothered about that, save for the hassle of having to cancel everything, but I was looking forward to my NH F flight to Changi.
    Okay i won't call you then

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      I'm in NRT on the afternoon of 23 October on my way to LAX. Looks like I will miss an opportunity to meet MAN Flyer and SQflyergirl by just one day!
      if all goes well, i will be back in NRT on Friday afternoon. Short connection from FUK though. Shame about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        if all goes well, i will be back in NRT on Friday afternoon. Short connection from FUK though. Shame about that.
        I am in NRT on Friday too..... 30th Oct...
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post

Wah, KNS like that oso can

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            Ok so who ISN'T going to be in NRT on Friday [EDIT: Oops, 30th is the next week, thought kapitan was also there on 23rd...]

I'm probably going to be there from 5pm to about 7pm on Fri (23rd Oct). I'm not really familiar with NRT airside so can't say exactly where or which lounge, although I do recall years ago (may be different now) that there was a decent sushi counter somewhere close to where the SQ gates are.

If timings work out, would be great to connect (pardon the pun...), even briefly!
            Last edited by yflyer; 21 October 2015, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Wah, KNS like that oso can
              What's KNS?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                What's KNS?
                erm.. Ka****i

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  What's KNS?
                  Is that the one with the lounge done up by the Hotel Cortez

Comment

• Last minute change of plans

29 Oct
                    GMP OZ lounge
                    10.30 - 12.00

29 Oct
                    HND NH Suites
                    20.00 - 22.15
                    Last edited by Pinkfloyd; 29 October 2015, 07:54 AM.
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Okay i won't call you then
                      Don't be such a drama queen.

I haven't escaped entirely as I am currently sat in the restaurant at the top of the Marriott at Bush Intercontinental watching IAH come alive as the sun comes up. I got here on VS and DL via ATL, where I was distinctly underwhelmed by the new(ish) VS DreamSuite. Makes you appreciate all the space we get on SQ in J...

Going home on KL tomorrow, which at least is a 744...

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                        ...I do recall years ago (may be different now) that there was a decent sushi counter somewhere close to where the SQ gates are.
                        Sushi Kyotatsu in Terminal 1 across from Gate 34.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        I haven't escaped entirely as I am currently sat in the restaurant at the top of the Marriott at Bush Intercontinental watching IAH come alive as the sun comes up. I got here on VS and DL via ATL, where I was distinctly underwhelmed by the new(ish) VS DreamSuite. Makes you appreciate all the space we get on SQ in J...

Going home on KL tomorrow, which at least is a 744...
                        I can't believe how much you're slumming it on your USA runs.

Heard VS's 787s are also out of service OFTEN.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

• 10char.
                          Last edited by young; 31 October 2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            I can't believe how much you're slumming it on your USA runs.

Heard VS's 787s are also out of service OFTEN.
                            Slumming it?. Where did I say I flew BA ?.

VS have unfortunately taken over MAN-ATL from DL and the flight is operated by an A330 with the DreamSuite. It was my first time on that aircraft and seat and I thought the seat and cabin were poor for such a new product and aircraft. Never thought I would say it but I wish DL still operated the flights, I've enjoyed my flights with them over the last few years and their flat beds on the 767 are pretty comfortable.

The return was on KL who have now got flat beds on their 744's. Granted there are only two great seats (1A and 4A) but they are all flat. Unfortunately I find myself seriously struggling to pick BA's JCL dormitories unless there are absolutely no other options.

I used to fly KL a lot and quite like them. I stopped when most others went flat and they stayed slopey. The crews can be fun though and I had quite a funny encounter with the CSM (or whatever KL call them) as she was at the top of the stairs on the UD and told me my luggage was too big for the overhead bin so needed to go in the cupboard. I told her it will fit as I fly with it regularly. She replied 'With respect, Sir, I believe I fly a lot more than you do' to which I told her 'With respect, miss, I seriously doubt that'.
                            Last edited by MAN Flyer; 29 October 2015, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              VS have unfortunately taken over MAN-ATL from DL and the flight is operated by an A330 with the DreamSuite. It was my first time on that aircraft and seat and I thought the seat and cabin were poor for such a new product and aircraft. Never thought I would say it but I wish DL still operated the flights, I've enjoyed my flights with them over the last few years and their flat beds on the 767 are pretty comfortable.
                              I can't stand the footwells on the 767s -- ridiculously small!

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              ... I had quite a funny encounter with the CSM (or whatever KL call them) as she was at the top of the stairs on the UD and told me my luggage was too big for the overhead bin so needed to go in the cupboard. I told her it will fit as I fly with it regularly. She replied 'With respect, Sir, I believe I fly a lot more than you do' to which I told her 'With respect, miss, I seriously doubt that'.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

• I love these 10,000 mile overnighters....

08 NOV
                                MAN T3 BA Terraces
                                18:00 -18:30

08 NOV
                                LHR T3 CX F Lounge
                                20:30 - 21:30

10 NOV
                                HKG Wing, QF or Pier depending on gate
                                09:00 - 09:30

11 NOV
                                MEL QF Domestic
                                13:00 - 13:30

12 NOV
                                SYD SKL F
                                11:15 - 11:45

12 NOV
                                SIN T3 TPR/SKL F Bar
                                21:30 - 22:30

Happy to meet, greet or be merry if anyone is around.

Comment

Working...
                                X