Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mar/Apr Do in Singapore or HKG anyone....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mar/Apr Do in Singapore or HKG anyone....

Aloha!

I'll be back in SIN from Mar 31 - Apr 2nd, and then from Apr 11th-13th.

HKG will be Apr 13-15th.

Anyone up for a DO in either locale on those dates...

cheers
    AJ

Unless I have to do the BA Tier Points run, I will be in SIN Apr 1 arriving 9am, and leaving 1130pm to NRT.

Comment

So do you fancy lunch somewhere in the city on that day then....

P.S.: I replied to your BA TP run thread a few moments ago.

Comment

Well, which one should I pick? Lunch or dot dot dot ?

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          Well, which one should I pick? Lunch or dot dot dot ?
          Hmmmm, the choices are tempting indeed.

What I'm really craving for at the moment in London, is some of my favourite Nasi Goreng!

Comment

Which style of Nasi Goreng? I was told that one of the Sultans from Malaysia loves Nasi Goreng served at the Grand Hyatt. But. really, I don't know much about food in Singapore.

Comment

Which style of Nasi Goreng? I was told that one of the Sultans from Malaysia loves Nasi Goreng served at the Grand Hyatt. But. really, I don't know much about food in Singapore.
              There is more than one style!??

I guess the "traditional" type then. Seafood rice, satay, sauce, some type of meat and a fried egg on top!

Mmmm, I'm hungry now!

Comment

I must say there are few different style from Indonesia. And Malaysian nasi goreng would be different. What kind of meat are you thinking of?

Comment

I must say there are few different style from Indonesia. And Malaysian nasi goreng would be different. What kind of meat are you thinking of?
                  I'll answer that CGK trademark "innocent and naive" question when we meet for lunch!

Comment

Well what I meant is that for satay can be chicken, lamb or beef satay. Then, you can have fried chicken to go along, with the choice of white meat or dark meat (I like deep fried wings... ) And in some restaurant, they will add beef rendang. Hmm dinner time now...

Comment

I like all three types of satay (chicken, lamb and beef.) Although if forced, I would probably label lamb as my favourite!

Comment

The best nasi goreng in Jakarta is the Ojolali nasi goreng available from the one of those "push cart" cooking stations on the street.

The best nasi goreng in Medan is the one across from the Tamil's temple - that one came with cubes of special sauce beef and an over easy egg - very tasty indeed.

One of the most expensive Nasi Goreng I ever had was at Amannusa Bali - If I remembered it cost about Rp 250,000 per portion (US$ 25) but the view of the Indian Ocean was breathtaking...........

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                          One of the most expensive Nasi Goreng I ever had was at Amannusa Bali - If I remembered it cost about Rp 250,000 per portion (US$ 25) but the view of the Indian Ocean was breathtaking...........
                          Had that several times - but IIRC not THAT expensive (USD25) - more like USD15? Not very sure though.
                          The nasi goreng is very good but not worth the price IMO.

Where's this Ojolali nasi goreng that you mention is located in Jakarta? I haven't had the street side nasi goreng for a long time. But yes, usually they taste very good.

For non-street side nasi goreng, I really like "Nasi Goreng Bang Samin" at Dapur Babah restaurant in Jakarta.

Comment

Working...
                          X