Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SIN] Liquid-Date #4 - 1st November

Ahoy there, jetsetters!

It's that time again - Liquid-Date #4 2009!

(just realised at the rate we're goin we would be well into the 20th by this time next year otherwise..)

Reason? The global economy may be starting to show signs of recovery with talks of 'green shoots' and all that, however we're going to do our part in stimulating the SIN hawker economy also.

What's the real reason? Okay, okay... we will be having a ** Special Mystery Guest ** who will be in town on that weekend... and since the date is in very close proximity to my birthday, I'll be buying a round of drinks for anyone who comes along to sweeten the deal!

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure this hawker centre does not stock Krug!

So, here are the details:

Who?
    *Special Mystery Guest*! (now revealed as nickbot)

Who's invited?
    All SQTalkers who are in SIN on that night
    (If you're reading this, you're invited!)

What?
    Liquid-Date #4

When?
    It seems like the first week of November suits mostly everyone, so the 1st of November (Sunday evening) it is!

7:00PM (everyone'll turn up at 7:15PM as usual!)..

** Side note, I'm actually landing at T1 at 7:55PM, so I'll be a tad late, but should be there latest 8:00 - 8:15PM **

Where?
    The usual place (aka East Coast Park Hawker Centre), one of the usual tables.

So, please leave your details if you're interested to go! Everyone who asked for November dates - your wish is now granted, so start raising those hands!

Attendees:

*Special Mystery Guest* (aka nickbot)
    Kyo
    upright man
    Ikarus2006

Maybes:
    haf
    UMD (coming from a wedding, so will be a delayed attendee if coming)
    milehighj
    LionCity
    Last edited by Kyo; 3 November 2009, 11:12 PM.

I wonder which SQTalker has an inclination to be mysterious? I would not have thought your mystery guest was too shy to post the 'date' him/her-self (equal opportunities ), kyo+.

Please pencil me in your diary for Feb 2010. I'm your Special Mystery Guest!!! Thanks!

Comment

Haha, this *SMG* cannot be revealed just yet!

As for Feb 2010, you already know you can find me in BCN, and it is starting to look very likely that same weekend I'll be in ZRH. Plenty of opportunities for exotic ice-cream...

Now where's everyone gone...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        As for Feb 2010, you already know you can find me in BCN, and it is starting to look very likely that same weekend I'll be in ZRH. Plenty of opportunities for exotic ice-cream...

Now where's everyone gone...

No ice-cream for me in BCN and ZRH. I'd be in exotic India for most of the month.

Everyone's still in bed.

Comment

Put me down as a maybe since it's a weekend. Been a while since I drove down

Comment

SQfg: Haha, too many maybes from you lately.. maybe better to reconfirm with you 3 days before...

phaleesy: As it so happens, India is part of my tentative return itinerary - YGPM (don't wanna drag my own thread OT)
            Last edited by Kyo; 10 October 2009, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Count me in !

(the SMG has briefed me already and i hope his/her/its secret will stay secret)
              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

I will let you know when the time come nearer.....
                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Kyo, i would say 70% yes.

I googled the place: do you mean the hawker center located at the point where East Coast Pkwy meets Bedok South Ave 1? Sorry, not very expert in such area, since I am on the West Coast.

Since I am meeting you guys for the first time, how to spot you? Kyo, will u be wearing a kebaya ?

Comment

LOL... umm... if you're feeling like giving away a fortune, I may consider it... nothing is out of the question, but I doubt anyone else would turn up if I did!

Where's the rest of the attendees here...?

haf, where are you?

All other PM-ed invitees, do let us know...

Comment

if I have time, and the number of SQtalkers is not too high, I might consider bringing home made dessert (starting with "T"). Need to get hold of a large cool bag in SIN first to be able to keep the "baby" cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikarus2006 View Post
                        if I have time, and the number of SQtalkers is not too high, I might consider bringing home made dessert (starting with "T"). Need to get hold of a large cool bag in SIN first to be able to keep the "baby" cool.
                        T-Bone steak??? damned, my intellectally is minute .... and my engrish is tear ri bre... boomz..

Comment

starts with T, ends with U, and is covered by cacao powder, covering a white soft foam and...

Comment

Oh you mean tofu! Feel free!

J/K.. I think you mean something else!

SQfg: You come, we try to get you into one...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              Oh you mean tofu! Feel free!

J/K.. I think you mean something else!

SQfg: You come, we try to get you into one...
                              wow!! kyo, you are sure intellectually large.... the other dessert with T i can think of is made from lace...... ok, that's is the packaging....

Comment

Working...
                              X