Move your business and let SQ know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move your business and let SQ know

SQ's arrogant attitude and their lack of handling loyal customers in a decent way has made me shift some of my business to other airlines...

I think it would be helpful for SQ to understand how much business they lost due to their atttitude - just post cases where you could have taken SQ but switched to another airline. I am sure the lurkers here will follow this thread very carefully.

Dec 08 / Jan 09 - LH - First - SIN-MUC-SIN
    Jan 09 - TG - Business - SIN-BKK-SIN

Comment

While I understand your frustration, anyone can make up flights and dates on here. If you are so intent to create any kind of impact, better to send copies of FF statements on other carriers as proof to SQ. Creating critical mass is the key for any chance of SQ's taking any kind of notice.

Comment

nothing seems to dent SIA's high, aloof & lofty attitude despite the recent cuts in services.

with the current cuts in capacity it looks like SQ would not mind having a bare minimum of routes only to their high yielding destinations & ceding others to rivals.

yields over loads is not the optimum option in a downturn.

Comment

Originally posted by sfvoyage View Post
          If you are so intent to create any kind of impact, better to send copies of FF statements on other carriers as proof to SQ.
          Better still to send copies of your receipts showing how much (or little ) you paid.

However, at the end of the day, why bother ? If SQ changes something you don't like - take your business elsewhere. Life is too short to spend time afterwards trying to let a big commercial company (like SQ) know why. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Better still to send copies of your receipts showing how much (or little ) you paid.

However, at the end of the day, why bother ? If SQ changes something you don't like - take your business elsewhere. Life is too short to spend time afterwards trying to let a big commercial company (like SQ) know why. IMO
            Love is not always logical

But I definitely agree with your point. That's how I deal with disappointing businesses of any kind - just don't go in the future.

Comment

SQ simply doesnt care. I went from >200 PPS sectors a year to just squeaked my requalification. They don't care.

Meanwhile QF, NZ and LH have been very grateful for my massively increased travel on them.

Comment

It is very hard for companies to calculate how much more they make by introducing a perk and how much less they make by taking it away. Customers telling them - especially if it is a former valued PPS customer - is a good resource for management.

I don't mind faxing them all my future receipts with other airlines - my travel budget at the end of the day is not changing and SQ knows how much I am spending (PPS qualification didn't took much time last year).

Posting here is of course no "evidence" but an indication as I don't think there are that many SQTalkers out there with malicious intend...

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                  SQ simply doesnt care. I went from >200 PPS sectors a year to just squeaked my requalification. They don't care.

Meanwhile QF, NZ and LH have been very grateful for my massively increased travel on them.
                  Unfortunately, many years of being voted best airline, best market cap airline etc..have added to the complacency. Being Singapore based and being charged a larger premium over other locations. My thoughts are simple: I pay what I think is justifiable, if not use other airlines in these difficult times. If we feel SQ is not grateful for our business, then it is better to move part or all of the business elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                    Being Singapore based and being charged a larger premium over other locations.
                    That's not an issue exclusive to SQ. Most, if not all, airlines charge their home market more.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      That's not an issue exclusive to SQ. Most, if not all, airlines charge their home market more.
                      Agreed. That is even more an incentive these days not to use SQ or use less of it. Only problem is SQ do have a higher premium. Unfortunately, I do not have a corporate rate as it could help to reduce the cost of using SQ.

Comment

OCT 06/NOV 06 QF ECONOMY ADL-MEL-SIN-MEL-ADL
                        NOV 08 MH ECONOMY ADL-KUL-ADL

In the case of Why I went with Qantas via Melbourne in Both Directions to Singapore out of Adelaide when there was a Daily SINGAPORE AIRLINES nonstop There is a simple explanation to that I didn't want to get caught out by my mum's sister in the Duty Free Going in and out of Australia

Comment

i think SQ would not care at all, they are too busy running an airline.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                            SQ's arrogant attitude and their lack of handling loyal customers in a decent way has made me shift some of my business to other airlines...

I think it would be helpful for SQ to understand how much business they lost due to their atttitude - just post cases where you could have taken SQ but switched to another airline. I am sure the lurkers here will follow this thread very carefully.
                            Can you elaborate what happened that makes you so unhappy with SQ? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by SQADL333 View Post
                              OCT 06/NOV 06 QF ECONOMY ADL-MEL-SIN-MEL-ADL
                              NOV 08 MH ECONOMY ADL-KUL-ADL

In the case of Why I went with Qantas via Melbourne in Both Directions to Singapore out of Adelaide when there was a Daily SINGAPORE AIRLINES nonstop There is a simple explanation to that I didn't want to get caught out by my mum's sister in the Duty Free Going in and out of Australia
                              Can someone please interpret this for me?
                              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                              X