Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accommodation in Penang

Hi all,

Am planning for a 3 day break in Penang with the wife and our 15-month toddler. Is Rasa Sayang the best hotel there? Any other recommended alternatives I should check out? Is it even suitable for toddlers/kids or more for honeymooners?

Thanks,
    Andy

The Rasa Sayang was shut down for a major refurbishment not so long ago. I have not visited since, but clearly it's among the best places to stay in Penang. Just don't expect a pristine beach up at Batu Ferringhi.

Comment

You might want to consider G Hotel too.
      www.ghotel.com.my
      It's rather new so the rooms come at a discount. Depends on whether you like a boutique style hotel, or a resort-like hotel.

Comment

You can try Parkroyal or Golden Sands too.

Comment

Thanks heaps guys

Comment

WHATever you do , dont choose gurney hotel or Evergreen. Ghotel is good. Their japanese food at the hotel is rather good and cheap too. xDD
            we are just passionate lovers , with troubles under the covers

Comment

You can try Holiday Inn as well.
              If you take the beach wing its nicer but the rooms there are a little bit smaller then the other wing

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
                Is Rasa Sayang the best hotel there?
                Well i would have to say yes but the only downside is the price.
                Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                The Rasa Sayang was shut down for a major refurbishment not so long ago. I have not visited since, but clearly it's among the best places to stay in Penang. Just don't expect a pristine beach up at Batu Ferringhi.
                They have finished the refurbishments December last year. And in my opinion it's way better than what it used to be.

Good luck
                BOEING. Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Working...
                X