Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ's Airbus A380 - A Great Way to Zzzzz....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ's Airbus A380 - A Great Way to Zzzzz....

I find something very strange and wonder if it is just me.

Most of my flights by SQ are usually either the 777-300, the 77W or the A380. Unique to the A380, I find this plane to be very conducive for sleeping. Regardless whether I am tired or not, without fail, every time I board a A380 flight and sit down, I will doze off within minutes. I will then only to be waken by the FA after take off and checking whether I need any meals or drinks. It must be the ambiance or the soothing hum the aircraft engine sound or something... And no, the seat is not in the sleeping position or even in recline, meaning I am not trying to sleep, but just doze off. Yet, on any other flights or aircraft, I did not experience this.

Could be just me or anyone got this experience?

PS : Apologies for the trivial post if anyone feel so.

How about timings of your A380 flights relative to the others?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      How about timings of your A380 flights relative to the others?
      Don't think anything to do with timing. I can board a morning, afternoon or evening flight and still doze off within minutes.

Comment

Well I remember sleeping very well on a LHR- SIN flight until awoken by an angelic face looking down at me......"Mr. kapitan, Mr. kapitan......... Good morning, its time for breakfast.....". One of the best flights I had on a SQ A380.
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

While the SQ A380 is not one of my fav aircraft, I did fall sleep asleep on it quite easily just sitting on it without having to lie down (which I hated doing on this particular seat when they were still using the old canvas-like upholstery, not to mention having to sleep at an angle)
          Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Hmmm, never quite realised the difference flying on the 380, though I have to admit that I try not to fly the 380 if given a choice.

Comment

Working...
            X