SQT Durian Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    lui lian lui lian is durain in hokkien lah!
    Hey, I use lian lui too! On CX, it means great service but not on SQ - now I know why!

Comment

Good grief....I've take this thread way way OT......... sorry

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        Good grief....I've take this thread way way OT......... sorry
        The apology is not accepted until you bring us and buy us the "Cat Mountain King" Durian.

Just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
          The apology is not accepted until you bring us and buy us the "Cat Mountain King" Durian.

Just kidding.
          I don't mind having some Durian as well.

Comment

i live in an area where there are no durians except durian cake. Like to try and have mangosteen afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
              I don't mind having some Durian as well.
              Seems there may be interest from SJJ, RHG, 9V-JKL, kapitan or anyone else ... Ok for a durian feast? A suggestion is that we have the buffet dinner at Quality Hotel in Balestier and after that walk next door to have durian? Was thinking of next Friday evening.

Comment

Seems there may be interest from SJJ, RHG, 9V-JKL, kapitan or anyone else ... Ok for a durian feast? A suggestion is that we have the buffet dinner at Quality Hotel in Balestier and after that walk next door to have durian? Was thinking of next Friday evening.
                Buffet dinner before durian will not be good, it should be a very very light dinner before durian, and no alcohol please....
                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Buffet dinner before durian will not be good, it should be a very very light dinner before durian, and no alcohol please....
                  Good point. Alternatively, we can catch light bites at my place, which is only about 5 mins from Balestier durian place(s). I can volunter to get the light snacks.

Comment

A buffet dinner works if you don't think like a Singaporean! Do they still have scales to weigh the leftover food ?

Comment

+1. I would add no soft drinks either...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        +1. I would add no soft drinks either...
                        Ok. Let us make it a National Day Durian Feast. For fresh coconut drinks, I think it is "coldness" rather than "heatiness". I hope that is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          A buffet dinner works if you don't think like a Singaporean! Do they still have scales to weigh the leftover food ?
                          Even as I don't think like a Singapore, a buffet dinner before the durian feast will be too much for the after dinner feast...... durian is THE dinner by itself..... and no, I am not a typical Singaporean.....

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

All the talk about durians made me buy a "猫山王"(maosanwang) for supper last night.

Comment

Is this now the official SQTalk Durian Thread? Yay!

a new category of Brazilian Ah Beng warmly welcomed in Singapore?
                              Brasilian Ah Beng! Muito bem! Btw, to call someone Meu Bem (bem is pronounced "beng") or its diminutive, benzinho, is a term of endearment. So Brasilian Ah Bem it is, or BAB for short (ABB in Portuguese )

As much as I wished I could be back in Sg with y'all for the Durian Do, I'm afraid I've already consumed my durian quota in Southeast Asia this year, having done tastings in Thailand, Indonesia, and Sg last month.

I have to agree, the pungency of the odor/aroma of the king of fruits is unmistakable. I have literally smelled it as it traveled from the dining room through the living room and on to the master bedroom of one of my hosts' mansion!

Another food item whose smell has a tendency to travel is kippers. I have been prohibited by my companions from ordering kippers for brekkie in our suite in London!
                              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Ok. Let us make it a National Day Durian Feast. For fresh coconut drinks, I think it is "coldness" rather than "heatiness". I hope that is ok.
                                Cheh, did not organize a Durian Do for me when I was in Singapore. No chance to meet up with all the Ah Bengs, Ah Sengs , Ah Pek and female equivalent SQTalkers.

How is the little Princess and Aunty LionCity doing?

Unloved cantik manis

Comment

Working...
                                X