X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer from T3 to T1

Hi everyone

A question for you.

How long would I need to get off a SQ flight from BNE (T3), collect bags and transfer over to T1 and check-in for my BA flight? The flights are ticketed seperately. I would be travelling in J for both flights.

If I take SQ236, then I have 2 hours to achieve this.

Thanks in advance

I believe you can interline the bags unless proven wrong. In that case, just go to the nearest transfer counter and then pick up your BA boarding pass.

If not, it still probably wouldn't take you more than 30mins from getting off SQ236 to sitting down in the BA/QF lounge And that's on a bad day and if you're not so familiar with Changi.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      pick up your BA boarding pass.

or print out during OLCI

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I would certainly use OLCI for my BA boarding pass.

Interlining the bags would be great as well.

Currently I'm on SYD-SIN SQ232 but thinking of changing to visit a friend in BNE.
        Give up the 77W for drinks yeah why not....

If I need to exit and collect bags, Is it a train or bus from T3 to T1?

Just checked Changi airport website and see it is a train
        Last edited by Rickshaw; 26 May 2009, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickshaw View Post
          If I need to exit and collect bags, Is it a train or bus from T3 to T1?

Just checked Changi airport website and see it is a train
          Yes - there's a landside train (as well as an airside one)

In the past if you arrived in say T3, and wanted to go to T1, you could take the airside train to T1 and clear immigration there and go back upstairs to departures.

These days they're quite strict, if you arrive T3, you clear in T3, then take the landside train to T1.

Comment

SQflyergirl, contrary to what must be your recent experiences, I've still been able to exit through any terminal with no issues. So, your mileage may vary!

Comment

On my last 2 trips I left in T1 and in T2.

Only issue the immigration agent had was that I may have luggage and I was in the wrong luggage area.

No luggage so no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                These days they're quite strict, if you arrive T3, you clear in T3, then take the landside train to T1.
                Dang. I arrive late when I think the train stops so I was hoping to change terminals walking through airside in order to get the right exit.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  They weren't bothered last Sunday when I arrived at A20 in T3 and did the U-Walk all the way around through T3 and T1 and exited out of T2. Did it a few weeks earlier as well and nobody said a dickie bird.

I can't imagine why they would care where you exit to be honest.

Comment

Yes, I'm interested to hear the circumstances that led to you getting the second degree, SQflyergirl... were you in transit? (not that it'd matter given the circumstances, but just might have made the officer a little suspicious)

Comment

Working...
                    X