Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebooking under Flexi

Greetings everyone !

Had happily booked an economy return flight from Penang - Melbourne in June / July under the Sweet Deals option several weeks ago, reassured that if I had to change the dates, I could do so for a small fee.

But today when I tried to change the dates, the system kept giving me the message "no seats or flights available on the date you selected". I tried many different date combinations, all with the same negative response.

Was just wondering, is this a system glitch? Or are all flights over a 15-day period really totally sold out?

Have anyone here encountered the same problem? And if so, how did you overcome it? Would I have a better chance of changing my itinerary by calling their office directly ?

Am fairly new to Singapore Airlines, so would greatly appreciate any input from regular flyers. Cheers !

Edit : Opps silly me !! My booking category is actually "Sweet Deals" and not Flexi as stated above.
    Last edited by invisible9; 2 April 2012, 12:01 PM.

Originally posted by invisible9 View Post
    Greetings everyone !

Had happily booked an economy return flight from Penang - Melbourne in June / July under the Flexi option several weeks ago, reassured that if I had to change the dates, I could do so for a small fee.

But today when I tried to change the dates, the system kept giving me the message "no seats or flights available on the date you selected". I tried many different date combinations, all with the same negative response.

Was just wondering, is this a system glitch? Or are all flights over a 15-day period really totally sold out?

Have anyone here encountered the same problem? And if so, how did you overcome it? Would I have a better chance of changing my itinerary by calling their office directly ?

Am fairly new to Singapore Airlines, so would greatly appreciate any input from regular flyers. Cheers !
    Easiest thing to do is give their reservations a quick call. It could be a system glitch. You can also attempt to book another flexi ticket on the alternate date and see if there are any, instead of just changing the booking dates.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Easiest thing to do is give their reservations a quick call. It could be a system glitch. You can also attempt to book another flexi ticket on the alternate date and see if there are any, instead of just changing the booking dates.
      Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried a new booking attempt, and managed to find several date combos with some seats left.

However, when I go back to manage my booking to change my existing itinerary, those same dates which were available, now show up as full again.

It seems quite strange though, that so many A380 and B777 flights are sold out 4 months in advance.

Could it be due to the connecting flights operated by Silk Air? e.g. they have no services on that particular day, hence it's preventing the Sg - Melb sector from showing?

Comment

Originally posted by invisible9 View Post
        Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried a new booking attempt, and managed to find several date combos with some seats left.

However, when I go back to manage my booking to change my existing itinerary, those same dates which were available, now show up as full again.

It seems quite strange though, that so many A380 and B777 flights are sold out 4 months in advance.

Could it be due to the connecting flights operated by Silk Air? e.g. they have no services on that particular day, hence it's preventing the Sg - Melb sector from showing?
        invisible9, as CarbonMan suggested, the easiest thing to do is to call SQ. They will be able to assist with your date changes. The online booking engine often shows different availability.
        /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
          invisible9, as CarbonMan suggested, the easiest thing to do is to call SQ. They will be able to assist with your date changes. The online booking engine often shows different availability.
          Thanks. Will do that !

Comment

Working...
          X