No announcement yet.

[LHR T5] Concorde Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa. Totally breathtaking. I hope you two enjoyed your time there ... if time really passes faster if you enjoy things, I'm sure being there felt like a second.
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

The food menu (see above) in the main part of the CCR (i.e. not the dining area) remains the same from when it opened.

British Airways Signature Burger -
      Prime Hereford beef burger with dry-cured smokehouse bacon and Montgomery Cheddar in sourdough bread
      Accompanied by tomato and chilli chutney, dill pickles and guacamole

And by way of comparison, the VS Club House Burger (taken with a point & shoot camera rather than a cameraphone above):

Comment

So, in your professional burger opinion, jhm, which one is better?
        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          So, in your professional burger opinion, jhm, which one is better?
          Compared to VS, the BA burger is dainty and classier with better condiments. However, I thought the meat was ground coarser in the VS burger and that (plus its bigger size) means the VS burger is the one for me!

Comment

I'll be swinging by this hole in a few weeks. Was looking for advice on how to avoid the pitfalls there. Already contacted You First on the off chance I can get a "Cabana" (read: hospital bathroom) and Elemis treatment, though they said they needed a few days to reply. Kind of afraid of the food. Is there a good restaurant in the terminal I should nosh at instead?

[paging SQFG]
            HUGE AL

Comment

The last time I did this (a few days ago), I just phoned the 0800 (UK freefone) number and they checked spa availability straightaway on the phone. Of course as my flight is later this week, there was nothing available apart from a crazy early hour and that's not worth a half hearted back rub.

If I want to pay to eat at LHR T5, I'd head for Plane Food:

https://www.gordonramsayrestaurants.com/plane-food/

They do the best they can within the limitations imposed on them, e.g. no naked flames.

Comment

Was able to book a spa treatment one hour after arrival in to LHR (man, I hope BA doesn't delay me), but was unable to reserve a hospital bathroom.

I phoned the USA 800 number and was told that my connecting flight would be out of T3, so perhaps heading over to Galleries First or AA Flagship (which I heard is marginally better) might be an idea. I've got four hours, so looking for advice. Danke.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                X