[SIN] MAS Golden Lounge in T2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SIN] MAS Golden Lounge in T2

Flew to KL on MH earlier this week, and managed to check out the MAS Golden Lounge in T2.

This lounge is one level up from the main airside departure area, closer to the E Gates.

This is a smallish lounge, with fairly standard decor.

Hot and cold food and beverages are offered...

With the standout dish being the satay...large juicy sticks of satay, and a rich peanut sauce, as well as onion and cucumber as condiments.

When flying MH, I think I would head to the lounge just for satay before my flight. No more gripes about whether or not they will serve satay on the plane...all the satay you can eat is available on the ground in the lounge...

There was also chicken rice, with dark chicken and the proper condiments (chilli, ginger, dark sauce)...

Some of the other dishes available that day...

Last edited by yflyer; 24 January 2015, 11:38 AM.

Stools, counter and a small liquor/beverage station, which included beer, wine and whisky.

Business Center...

Shower facilities were available (I didn't see the showers, but there was counter issuing towels and toiletries, so I would assume showers were present).

And last, there was a small dedicated smoking room, equipped with a dartboard (!) although I would question whether or not there was really enough space in there for a proper game of darts.

That smoking room looks like a great place to do a private phone call or conference call if not occupied...

Comment

To sum up, a fairly standard lounge, but quite adequate for the short haul flights MH flies out of SIN. And, this is a lounge I would return to just for the satay...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        To sum up, a fairly standard lounge, but quite adequate for the short haul flights MH flies out of SIN. And, this is a lounge I would return to just for the satay...
        I couldn't agree more with you But, I would say it is a decent lounge for the short duration of the flight. I visited this lounge last month while doing a SIN-KUL-NRT-LAX flight. The Satay is pretty good

Comment

And in contrast the breakfast offering is paltry. Definitely need to time my flights to be later on in the day. Anyone know when the satay comes out?

Comment

Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
            And in contrast the breakfast offering is paltry. Definitely need to time my flights to be later on in the day. Anyone know when the satay comes out?
            Not sure what time the satay comes out...I was there at about 11.45am last week so they were probably already on the lunch menu at that time.

If I am heading to KUL in the morning, my favourite breakfast is to be had on arrival in KUL, in the landside airport food court (Food Garden, if I recall) on Level 2 of KLIA...there is usually roti canai or other breakfast food available there, as well as teh tarik etc...

Comment

Not sure what time the satay comes out...I was there at about 11.45am last week so they were probably already on the lunch menu at that time.

If I am heading to KUL in the morning, my favourite breakfast is to be had on arrival in KUL, in the landside airport food court (Food Garden, if I recall) on Level 2 of KLIA...there is usually roti canai or other breakfast food available there, as well as teh tarik etc...
              Checked with the lounge staff earlier this week...the satay usually comes out around 11am. Will post some pics of the breakfast spread shortly as well.

On a related note, the roti canai stall in the KLIA Food Garden appears to have closed...darn! Either that or I arrived too late for their breakfast menu today...anyone know if you can get roti canai anywhere else in KLIA?

Comment

Was in the Changi T2 MAS Golden Lounge again this week, this time in the morning. This was the breakfast spread...

Bakery items and cereal...

Noodles...

Indian style vegetarian curry and pilaf rice...

Eggs and baked beans...

Fruit salad and other snacks in the fridge...

As eminere has said, an unexceptional breakfast spread, but I thought the noodles looked quite appetising.

I also managed to take a look at the showers. Just one shower stall, which was fairly basic, but at least it was large, with a separate bench and changing area. Fresh towels and toiletres are also supplied.

Comment

Checked with the lounge staff earlier this week...the satay usually comes out around 11am. Will post some pics of the breakfast spread shortly as well.
                  Good to know, thanks!

Comment

Was in the Changi T2 MAS Golden Lounge again this week, this time in the morning. This was the breakfast spread...
                    What!!! Now I feel ripped off - this spread is so much more fantastic than the truly paltry selection that was offered when I visited. I only saw the baked beans, eggs and bacon plus the cold items when I was there. Would've loved the kway teow and the curry pilaf.

Comment

Working...
                    X