[KUL] MH Satellite Golden Lounge - First Class Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
    Apparently they thought the FCL was unnecessarily large for the number of F pax they had, and not to mention the downsizing of their F cabins as the A380s replaced the 744s. Don't know if they accounted for their impending entry into OW at that time.

For some strange reason, MH Platinum pax get a separate "Platinum Suite" which is something like a lounge within a lounge (think TPR, but Platinum pax in Y trump F pax when it comes to access )
    Yes, only MH could come up with that idea....as I have long said, they are fabulous up in the air but have some absolute morons on the ground...

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    I'm in there every week these days. To be honest - I hardly ever see it packed to the rafters. Don't think it's too big really.
    it's definitely not too big. It used to be but they've too far the other way now and spoiled it. Shame, as it really was a great lounge before.

Comment

Some pics from a recent visit

The lounge underwent a "renovation" in 2012, though it's nowhere near CX's The Wing refurbishment. In fact, the only noticeable difference is that it's now pretty much half the size.

As is the case with the J section, you'd make your way up a ramp (or stairs, if you prefer) to enter the lounge proper. A map is placed next to the entrance to prevent anyone from getting lost in this massive lounge.

There are different ways to enter the lounge. You can be an F passenger on any OW airline (which can only be MH in KUL...) or hold a shiny Emerald card and any OW boarding pass. Otherwise, you can enter through the shared business centre from the J section.

You're greeted by several armchairs as you step inside.

Welcome to MH's version of TPR. Not quite as classy as TPR, but enough to make me feel out of place.

I was approached by one of the waitresses, and she pointed out that they have a buffet in addition to the made to order options.

I'd appreciate a bit more variety, or maybe I'm just spoiled my TG F lounge visit not too long ago. The absence of satay is a letdown, especially since it's the airline's signature dish. Hmm, maybe the buffet makes up for it.

The drinks selection was below the spread

The warm selection was more or less what was on the menu, so it's a moot point.

Comment

There wasn't a wine list either, or maybe I didn't get hold of it. I was left guessing what the booze was.

The coffee and tea area

Well, at least they had the decency to offer Haagen Daaz. I had a hard time deciding between vanilla and vanilla. Chocolate fans will be left bitterly disappointed.

I decided on the lobster, and my BP was taken by the waitress. You didn't expect me to order a bowl of noodles I can easily get for less than USD2, did you?

It was a bit too spicy for my liking, but still enjoyable. After dessert I checked out the rest of the place.

Unlike the SKLs down south, this lounge features several slumberettes though they were all locked when at that time, with no-one in sight with the keys.

The person manning the shower desk must have been on break, as everything you'd need was placed on the counter.

The toilets didn't look like they were renovated at all. But hey, who ever said F lounge toilets need to look luxurious?

No Salvatore or L'Occitane toiletries to be found in here. Oh well, at least the toilets aren't seperated from the showers.

And so concludes my lounge report. Let's just say my favourite part of the visit was the lovely chat I had with a stewardess who was on "ground duty"

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          And so concludes my lounge report. Let's just say my favourite part of the visit was the lovely chat I had with a stewardess who was on "ground duty"
          Yes, while it's a shame that they have ruined what was once one of the best lounges around, having cabin crew working there is a nice touch.

Comment

There still Hagen Daz On the F side then.

J class has some other ice cream brand. No idea about the name but it's the same one they serve in J&Y class from KUL-NRT on MH92. They were out of Champagne at the J class side too last Tue.

Comment

Working...
            X