No announcement yet.

SQ to get its first (ex-SilkAir) B737 in Q1 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing is, if 9V-MBA has been repainted into SQ livery, this means that the work was performed in ASP? Photos will confirm this, though I doubt any paint job took place at this current moment. Welcome to prove me wrong. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
      The thing is, if 9V-MBA has been repainted into SQ livery, this means that the work was performed in ASP? Photos will confirm this, though I doubt any paint job took place at this current moment. Welcome to prove me wrong. Cheers!
      9V-MGA is the one that has been repainted. 9V-MBA is a 737-8 stored in ASP now, but MGA is still in Changi

Comment

Originally posted by flyinghigher View Post
        I am so keen to see that pic as well!
        Here's the pic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/indoflyer...451040773?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
          mini-sia!

Comment

Not sure if SIA decision to absorb Silkair into its own as Silkair only flies to regional and niche markets and uses only small single aisle plane. The greatest difference would be in the cabin of its 738s and that of SIA's wide body planes.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              Not sure if SIA decision to absorb Silkair into its own as Silkair only flies to regional and niche markets and uses only small single aisle plane. The greatest difference would be in the cabin of its 738s and that of SIA's wide body planes.
              I am not sure what you mean?

Comment

What I meant was that SIA should just let Silkair be as a subsidiary instead of abosrbing it under SIA banner and remove Silk air.

Comment

What I meant was that SIA should just let Silkair be as a subsidiary instead of abosrbing it under SIA banner and remove Silk air.
                  Doesn't really make business sense to do that.

Comment

The whole point of the merger is due to Silkair being an ineffective brand.

Aside from regional travellers, the rest do not recognise the brand.

Comment

Ex SilkAir 737-800s will not get flat-bed Business Class seats before moving to SIA, at least for now.

First batch of aircraft moving across in early 2021 will retain the SilkAir cabin products.

Comment

Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                        Ex SilkAir 737-800s will not get flat-bed Business Class seats before moving to SIA, at least for now.

First batch of aircraft moving across in early 2021 will retain the SilkAir cabin products.
                        SQ are really bad at refitting their aircraft!

Comment

Surprising as SIA have so much of aircraft downtime during this Covid to use for refitting some aircrafts instead of just letting these planes stored and baked in the sun. And to do the refitting at a later time next year will just mean having to pull the planes off schedule to do the refitting.

Comment

Surprising as SIA have so much of aircraft downtime during this Covid to use for refitting some aircrafts instead of just letting these planes stored and baked in the sun. And to do the refitting at a later time next year will just mean having to pull the planes off schedule to do the refitting.
                            think they might have to preserve cash?

Comment

Suppose SIA need to limit its spending, but if in that case, SIA should delay the integration of Silkair into SIA as Silkair aircraft interiors are completely different from SIA and that most of its aircrafts will not even be painted in SIA colors. It will be confusing to especially foreign passengers.

Comment

Suppose SIA need to limit its spending, but if in that case, SIA should delay the integration of Silkair into SIA as Silkair aircraft interiors are completely different from SIA and that most of its aircrafts will not even be painted in SIA colors. It will be confusing to especially foreign passengers.
                                Think the foreign passengers part might not be many to start with

Comment

Working...
                                X