No announcement yet.

SQ Y & SQ C Amenity Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've found, that when trying to shave on board, the only thing you need to bring with you is your own razor, and a small container of shaving oil (i use zirh which i've found works quite well). you can usually make do with the in-flight foam if following this method: ask the FA for two hot towels and place those over your face for 10 minutes. Then, go into the lav and use another towel and place a little bit of soap in it and use it to scrub down your face just to remove all of the grime and open up your pores further, which will allow for a deeper shave with minimal strokes and help prevent nicks as well as razor rash (which my sensitive skin is prone to). after that, use 2-3 drops of shaving oil and work it into your face. rinse lightly with the hottest water you can tolerate, and lather up. shave with your razor in short strokes, and rinse the blade frequently. five minutes later and voila- i come out looking like i'm ready for my first day of college all over again. =)
    Last edited by taipeiflyer; 29 July 2007, 10:05 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Originally posted by Snaffled View Post
      I tried shaving with one of those razors a few weeks ago flying to FRA and it is truly awful - like shaving with a blunt penknife. It strangely managed to leave the stubble, but take the skin off.
      That's funny. Thanks. It's supposed to be the other way around!

Comment

I was onboard SQ 857 from HKG to SIN recently in C. A quick peek into the amenity drawer revealed plain-white toothbrushes in plastic wrapping.

Anyone has had this onboard before? Probably another cost cutting measure?

Comment

According to insider source, shaving kits will be withdrawn from SQ economy lavatories as soon as the current stock depletes. Another cost-cutting measure by SQ...
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
            According to insider source, shaving kits will be withdrawn from SQ economy lavatories as soon as the current stock depletes. Another cost-cutting measure by SQ...
            Sorry I have never seen the Y shaver. But I heard it's lousy and no demand for it. If a pax in Y asked for one, usually the crew would get one from premium class for better shaving result. And yes, the current stock will not be replenished. Next time around you will get a better one from the premium cabin.

Comment

The Newest F Shaver

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                Sorry I have never seen the Y shaver. But I heard it's lousy and no demand for it.
                Definitely, it's cr*p. Given the choice between arriving scruffy vs. bloodied, I think the pax sensibly chose the former.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Definitely, it's cr*p. Given the choice between arriving scruffy vs. bloodied, I think the pax sensibly chose the former.
                  As far as I remember (will have to dig out both F and Y razors), they are the same - both as cr*p as each other!

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                    As far as I remember (will have to dig out both F and Y razors), they are the same - both as cr*p as each other!
                    Y razors are the light blue ones which are crap. F and J ones are white color ones which are slightly better and give a cleaner shave.
                    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Is amenity kit given out for SIN-PER-SIN flights, especially for SQ215 and SQ216?

Does the amenity kit now comes in the Givenchy casing? Saw it on someone's trip report in other forum. Hoping to lay my hands on one of them.

Comment

Yes it does...in Y only
                        it also seems that the signage on the J class amenity kits have changed from the palm tree logo to the golden goose logo
                        I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
                          it also seems that the signage on the J class amenity kits have changed from the palm tree logo to the golden goose logo
                          The change has been progressively started since shortly after they introduced the 77W.

Comment

J class now has amenity kit?
                            Or are you talking about that socks/slipper thingy?

Comment

its that slipper-sock thingy whatever it is called

there's eyeshades too
                              I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                                Is amenity kit given out for SIN-PER-SIN flights, especially for SQ215 and SQ216?

Does the amenity kit now comes in the Givenchy casing? Saw it on someone's trip report in other forum. Hoping to lay my hands on one of them.
                                Amenity kit was given out in SQ216 but now SQ215. Wonder why is it so?

Comment

Working...
                                X