No announcement yet.

SQ 77WN New-New business class to Mumbai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed that the new J seat is awesome, having had a chance to give it a whirl last week also. Nice and plush

Comment

I would like to add to the positive reviews of the new J seat. Am especially impressed with how the bed folds down, with the pillow and blanket cleverly tucked away with the bed!

Comment

It can be a bitch to bring up though when stuck in the bed position. Happened to me on 2 out of 4 flights. The crew literally had to take the seat apart one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          It can be a bitch to bring up though when stuck in the bed position. Happened to me on 2 out of 4 flights. The crew literally had to take the seat apart one time.
          There're a couple of tricks to deal with this problem. One is to push the bed further down before pulling it back up. Second is to feel for the catch in the centre folds of the seat and press it. Third pray that they can't get the seat back up and there's no alternate J seat left to put you in. A different F-word comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            I did encounter this problem too. The first time, i had to get the assistance of the crew, the second time I pushed it down first and then up and it worked!

But i guess the overall experience was overwhelmingly positive that I didn't even remember it when writing the trip report.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
              I did encounter this problem too. The first time, i had to get the assistance of the crew, the second time I pushed it down first and then up and it worked!

But i guess the overall experience was overwhelmingly positive that I didn't even remember it when writing the trip report.
              I did experience the same problem and the crew who helped me bring the bed up to its original position worked on it several times and then she pushed it down before she pulled it again and it worked. She then told me that I had to press down the bed first before pulling it back up. I thought it was something on the instruction that I missed. I never thought it was a faulty design.

By the way, the overhead lights did not work for me. So, the crew had to turned them on and off from the main computer in the galley. However, the general feeling about this new seat is that it is very good except for the tray table.

Comment

The new product looks really great! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for this wonderful trip report. Anyone knows where we can experience the new new business class seats besides London and Mumbai?

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post

Yeah, the crew told me the push-down-to-bring-up tactic, but even that didn't work the second time. All the folding pieces of the new seat can be taken apart though - I saw how they did that the second time. A minor annoyance, though.

Comment

Disappointed with plastic and aluminum containers for sauce/dip, why not chinaware?

Comment

Just had my best sleep ever on one of SQ's most brutal route (BOM-SIN red eye) with 9V-SWU again. Thanks so much to NNBC, really amazing product.

I didn't take the meal so not sure what singha-puri meant with plastic containers. But unlike last December, the nuts came in little squarish bowls this time round.

Anyway, sad to see the NNBC go come end-May with the A380 coming to Mumbai.
                        Last edited by SQueeze; 18 April 2014, 09:25 AM.

Comment

So they use NNBC for BOM-SIN, and keep using regional seats on SQ246 SIN-BNE as they always have always been doing for awhile now

Comment

Working...
                          X