No announcement yet.

DBS Altitude Amex Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been advised by AMEX that they're enrolling me into some special program to get 1.6miles for every $1 instead... after I diverted literally all my spending to PremierMiles. Oh, and they also gave me two Cathay movie tickets for free... nice

Comment

Originally posted by singapore_boy
      How about SIA-Amex Krisflyer?

I was reading, if spending is more than 10k/annum, its $1 - 1.25 miles. No conversion fees or sort. All miles are automatically transferred into the Krisflyer account.

Further more, spendings on SIA is double - i think its $1 - 2.5 miles on SIA flights.

Is that good?
      Apparently there is a $60 annual administrative charge for conversion for deposit of miles into Krisflyer account. I just realised this when I received my annual credit card fee membership charge. And Amex would not waive the charge! Looks like I am gonna cancel the Krisflyer Amex card soon, especially since Premiermiles and Maybank Horizon Platinum offers equally good or even better miles conversion rates.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Just received a mailer from citi premiermiles. From july 1st,
        $0-$4000 receive normal 1.2 miles per dollar. Receive 2 miles per dollar for subsequent spend above $4000.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          I've been advised by AMEX that they're enrolling me into some special program to get 1.6miles for every $1 instead... after I diverted literally all my spending to PremierMiles. Oh, and they also gave me two Cathay movie tickets for free... nice
          Wow. Which AMEX card is that?

Originally posted by SQDoubter
          Just received a mailer from citi premiermiles. From july 1st, $0-$4000 receive normal 1.2 miles per dollar. Receive 2 miles per dollar for subsequent spend above $4000.
          Is that $4K or more per month or subscription year? Sounds great if it is for the year.

Comment

So everyone's clear. The 2miles/S$1 is when you spend $4,001 to whatever in a given month. From $0 to $4,000, the current rate applies and the promo is till 31/Dec 2010

Comment

I didn't get this PremierMiles mailer... am I spending too much with them that they don't want me on this?

KC*: This is for KF Amex

Comment

Just checked my mail. Got both offers in the mail today.

Now I have to work out the sums...sigh... not easy after heavy dinner and wine. Lets see...

I should not use my Citibank Plat at supermarkets but use the Premiermiles card since I do exceed $4K per month based on my last 4 months charges. This is because CB Plat works in blocks of $5 while PM works in blocks of $1.

The Amex KF's 50+50 max out at $15K (or is it $17K) per annum, am I correct? Hence it will no longer be advantagous to use this at supermarkets.

Ok... my brain's dead. I'll check what I wrote tomorrow... good night guys.
                Last edited by KC*; 1 July 2010, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Just signed up for the DBS altitude purely for the extra 10k miles, my plan is that December is a good month to stick 10K on it if I pay for a load of work related stuff which would normally go on the company Amex, (accounts will just have to tell me off for a month) and Christmas always is expensive.
                  Following their calculations on the website that should be worth 25K krisflyer miles which isn't too shabby.

Comment

DBS's Altitude Card's negative side...

Originally posted by 225 View Post
                    Just signed up for the DBS altitude purely for the extra 10k miles, my plan is that December is a good month to stick 10K on it if I pay for a load of work related stuff which would normally go on the company Amex, (accounts will just have to tell me off for a month) and Christmas always is expensive.
                    Following their calculations on the website that should be worth 25K krisflyer miles which isn't too shabby.
                    Do note that you have to pay an annual fee of S$42.80 for unlimited transfers to Asia Miles or KrisFlyer and miles must be transferred in blocks of 2,000 miles. Say if you are just short of 546 miles, you will waste some miles...Citi's Premiermiles allows you to transfer in any amount greater than 500 miles but per transfer cost S$25.

Comment

8 must have credit cards to earn the most miles in Singapore (My analysis):

Delta Skymiles, KrisFlyer, Thai’s Royal Orchid Plus:

http://www.citibank.com.sg/SGGCB/APP...bId=creditcard

1. Citi PremierMiles Card: $1 = 1.2 miles (OR $0.83 = 1 mile, usually is $2.50 = 1 mile hence 3x) on ALL your spending at anywhere. Note: S$25 admin fee applies for each mileage transfer.

Delta Skymiles, KrisFlyer, Thai’s Royal Orchid Plus & Asia Miles:

2. Citi Platinum Visa/MasterCard: 5x rewards at departmental stores and supermarkets.

Every $1 spent get 5 Citidollars = 2 miles, ie: $1 spent = 2 miles, compared to Citi Premiermiles: $1 = 1.2 miles

Citibank 5X Rewards Merchants

Department Stores (Note: Citi Rewards Card awards 10x points)
                      Tangs . Isetan . John Little . Marks & Spencer . Metro . OG . Robinsons . BHG . Takashimaya Department Store.

Supermarkets/Hypermarket
                      Carrefour . Cold Storage . Giant . Market Place . NTUC Fair Price . Shop N Save . Singapore Meidi-Ya. Sheng Siong

3. Citi Clear Platinum Card: 5X rewards at Cafes, Cinemas, Nightspots, Books/Music Stores, selected retail stores

Eg: • Timbre• Zouk• The Coffee Connoisseur
                      (TCC)• Coffee Club • The Café Cartel• The Coffee Bean & Tea
                      Leaf• Zara • Adidas• Topshop/Topman, Golden Village, Cathay Cineplex, SHAW, STARBUCKS, Nike, MOOKS, Miss Sixty, Energie, ESPRIT, Ez-link auto-top up, Popular bookshop, Kinokuniya, Borders, The Butter Factory……….

4. Citi Rewards Card: Enjoy rewards X10 (S$ 1 spend = Citi$ 10) whenever you shop for shoes, bags or clothing or at department stores, locally & overseas. S$1 spent = 4 miles!

Department Stores
                      Tangs . Isetan . John Little . Marks & Spencer . Metro . OG . Robinsons . BHG . Takashimaya Department Store.

Note: UOB Preferred Platinum American Express® Card also earn 10x points for every S$5 spent at any department store or any retail store worldwide that sells clothes, shoes, or bags as its main business activity. But it awards points for every S$5. If you spend S$9.99, you will lose out the points for the balance S$4.99 part & miles are transferred in blocks of 10,000 miles, S$20 admin fee per transfer, so no good. Same for DBS Altitude Card, points are awarded for every S$5 spent and transferred in blocks of 2000 miles, S$42.80 annual fee applies, so no good.

Can combine Citidollars from Clear Platinum, Platinum Visa/Mastercard & Citi Rewards Card to transfer to Frequent Flyer programs and pay S$25 admin fee once, by calling Citibank at 6225 5225.

5. American Express Rewards Card

http://www.americanexpress.com/sg/ca...XBANHOMTENSIAQ

Pay S$50 annual fee to get 16,000 points = 10,000 miles or redeem S$100 worth of vouchers. Note: S$20 admin fee applies for each transfer to Frequent Flyer Programmes. Get the 16,000 points & throw away the card.

KrisFlyer or Asia Miles only:

6. Standard Chartered Preferred World MasterCard Credit Card - Simply apply for your Preferred World MasterCard Credit Card together with a Preferred Current Account. All you need is $50,000 in deposits or investments, or a mortgage of $600,000 or a minimum annual income of $72,000 to qualify.

Just apply, no need to worry about the income of S$72,000 or S$50,000 in deposits. I got it too. http://www.standardchartered.com.sg/.../en/index.html

Receive 25,000 reward points (Std$) on your first transaction = 10,000 Krisflyer or Asia Miles OR redeem S$150 worth of vouchers with 25,000 rewards points. Note: S$26.75 admin fee applies for each transfer to KrisFlyer. Get the 25,000 points & throw away the card.

KrisFlyer only:

7. American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold Credit Card. (1st year free, no fee to transfer miles for 1st year)

https://www212.americanexpress.com/d...00cef4ad94RCRD

The very first time you charge to your American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold Credit Card, we will give you an activation bonus of 5,000 KrisFlyer miles. So…use once and can throw away..because S$1.60 = 1 mile..no good. Want the 5000 bonus only. Need minimum spending of $12k or $5k for bonus 50% + 50% miles, no good.

KrisFlyer only:

8. Maybank Horizon Platinum Visa Card (free conversion to KrisFlyer)

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...visa-card.aspx

Earn 5x tr'eats Points (redeemable for 2 air miles) with every S$1 charged for air ticket / travel packages (Airlines eg: Singapore Airlines, Tiger Airways, Jetstar etc & travel agent charges), purchases at Perfumes & Cosmetics outlets at Singapore Changi Airport, and overseas foreign transactions.

Flexibility to covert tr'eats Points to frequent flyer miles for Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer) or Malaysia Airlines (Enrich)
                      Attractive conversion rates – 1,250 tr'eats Points = 500 miles
                      Free conversion fee of tr'eats Points to KrisFlyer miles and Enrich miles for Maybank MasterCard Platinum and Maybank Horizon Platinum Visa Card;
                      Sign up for REWARDS INFINITE VALUE (1st year free, 2nd year onwards $18 annual fee)

Application form at:

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/pdf/car..._enrolment.pdf

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...-infinite.aspx

5% cash rebate or
                      10x tr’eats Points
                      ▪ Petrol

▪ F&B outlets *
                      ▪ Ben & Jerry’s
                      ▪ Breeks! Café
                      ▪ Crystal Jade
                      ▪ Dian Xiao Er
                      ▪ Din Tai Fung
                      ▪ Ichiban Boshi
                      ▪ Jack’s Place

▪ Kuishin-Bo
                      ▪ Sakura International Buffet
                      ▪ Seoul Garden
                      ▪ Soup Restaurant
                      ▪ Sushi Tei
                      ▪ Thai Express

▪ Fashion outlets *
                      ▪ Bossini
                      ▪ Fox Fashion
                      ▪ G2000
                      ▪ Giordano

▪ Hang Ten
                      ▪ Mango
                      ▪ ZARA

10x treats point => S$1 spent= 4 miles!!

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                        8 must have credit cards to earn the most miles in Singapore (My analysis):

Delta Skymiles, KrisFlyer, Thai?s Royal Orchid Plus:

http://www.citibank.com.sg/SGGCB/APP...bId=creditcard

1. Citi PremierMiles Card: $1 = 1.2 miles (OR $0.83 = 1 mile, usually is $2.50 = 1 mile hence 3x) on ALL your spending at anywhere. Note: S$25 admin fee applies for each mileage transfer.

Delta Skymiles, KrisFlyer, Thai?s Royal Orchid Plus & Asia Miles:

2. Citi Platinum Visa/MasterCard: 5x rewards at departmental stores and supermarkets.

Every $1 spent get 5 Citidollars = 2 miles, ie: $1 spent = 2 miles, compared to Citi Premiermiles: $1 = 1.2 miles

Citibank 5X Rewards Merchants

Department Stores (Note: Citi Rewards Card awards 10x points)

Supermarkets/Hypermarket
                        Carrefour . Cold Storage . Giant . Market Place . NTUC Fair Price . Shop N Save . Singapore Meidi-Ya. Sheng Siong

3. Citi Clear Platinum Card: 5X rewards at Cafes, Cinemas, Nightspots, Books/Music Stores, selected retail stores

Eg: ? Timbre? Zouk? The Coffee Connoisseur
                        (TCC)? Coffee Club ? The Caf? Cartel? The Coffee Bean & Tea
                        Leaf? Zara ? Adidas? Topshop/Topman, Golden Village, Cathay Cineplex, SHAW, STARBUCKS, Nike, MOOKS, Miss Sixty, Energie, ESPRIT, Ez-link auto-top up, Popular bookshop, Kinokuniya, Borders, The Butter Factory???.

4. Citi Rewards Card: Enjoy rewards X10 (S$ 1 spend = Citi$ 10) whenever you shop for shoes, bags or clothing or at department stores, locally & overseas. S$1 spent = 4 miles!

Department Stores

Note: UOB Preferred Platinum American Express? Card also earn 10x points for every S$5 spent at any department store or any retail store worldwide that sells clothes, shoes, or bags as its main business activity. But it awards points for every S$5. If you spend S$9.99, you will lose out the points for the balance S$4.99 part & miles are transferred in blocks of 10,000 miles, S$20 admin fee per transfer, so no good. Same for DBS Altitude Card, points are awarded for every S$5 spent and transferred in blocks of 2000 miles, S$42.80 annual fee applies, so no good.

Can combine Citidollars from Clear Platinum, Platinum Visa/Mastercard & Citi Rewards Card to transfer to Frequent Flyer programs and pay S$25 admin fee once, by calling Citibank at 6225 5225.

5. American Express Rewards Card

http://www.americanexpress.com/sg/ca...XBANHOMTENSIAQ

Pay S$50 annual fee to get 16,000 points = 10,000 miles or redeem S$100 worth of vouchers. Note: S$20 admin fee applies for each transfer to Frequent Flyer Programmes. Get the 16,000 points & throw away the card.

KrisFlyer or Asia Miles only:

6. Standard Chartered Preferred World MasterCard Credit Card - Simply apply for your Preferred World MasterCard Credit Card together with a Preferred Current Account. All you need is $50,000 in deposits or investments, or a mortgage of $600,000 or a minimum annual income of $72,000 to qualify.

Just apply, no need to worry about the income of S$72,000 or S$50,000 in deposits. I got it too. http://www.standardchartered.com.sg/.../en/index.html

Receive 25,000 reward points (Std$) on your first transaction = 10,000 Krisflyer or Asia Miles OR redeem S$150 worth of vouchers with 25,000 rewards points. Note: S$26.75 admin fee applies for each transfer to KrisFlyer. Get the 25,000 points & throw away the card.

KrisFlyer only:

7. American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold Credit Card. (1st year free, no fee to transfer miles for 1st year)

https://www212.americanexpress.com/d...00cef4ad94RCRD

The very first time you charge to your American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold Credit Card, we will give you an activation bonus of 5,000 KrisFlyer miles. So?use once and can throw away..because S$1.60 = 1 mile..no good. Want the 5000 bonus only. Need minimum spending of $12k or $5k for bonus 50% + 50% miles, no good.

KrisFlyer only:

8. Maybank Horizon Platinum Visa Card (free conversion to KrisFlyer)

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...visa-card.aspx

Earn 5x tr'eats Points (redeemable for 2 air miles) with every S$1 charged for air ticket / travel packages (Airlines eg: Singapore Airlines, Tiger Airways, Jetstar etc & travel agent charges), purchases at Perfumes & Cosmetics outlets at Singapore Changi Airport, and overseas foreign transactions.

Flexibility to covert tr'eats Points to frequent flyer miles for Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer) or Malaysia Airlines (Enrich)
                        Attractive conversion rates ? 1,250 tr'eats Points = 500 miles
                        Free conversion fee of tr'eats Points to KrisFlyer miles and Enrich miles for Maybank MasterCard Platinum and Maybank Horizon Platinum Visa Card;
                        Sign up for REWARDS INFINITE VALUE (1st year free, 2nd year onwards $18 annual fee)

Application form at:

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/pdf/car..._enrolment.pdf

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...-infinite.aspx

5% cash rebate or
                        10x tr?eats Points
                        ? Petrol

? F&B outlets *
                        ? Ben & Jerry?s
                        ? Breeks! Caf?
                        ? Crystal Jade
                        ? Dian Xiao Er
                        ? Din Tai Fung
                        ? Ichiban Boshi
                        ? Jack?s Place

? Kuishin-Bo
                        ? Sakura International Buffet
                        ? Seoul Garden
                        ? Soup Restaurant
                        ? Sushi Tei
                        ? Thai Express

? Fashion outlets *
                        ? Bossini
                        ? Fox Fashion
                        ? G2000
                        ? Giordano

? Hang Ten
                        ? Mango
                        ? ZARA

10x treats point => S$1 spent= 4 miles!!

Hands down....you are the god of credit card
                        ________
                        TOYOTA VOLTZ HISTORY
                        Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          I didn't get this PremierMiles mailer... am I spending too much with them that they don't want me on this?

KC*: This is for KF Amex
                          Kyo, is this for KF Amex Gold or PPS or Solitaire?
                          ________
                          Buy Vapir Oxygen
                          Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                            Hands down....you are the god of credit card
                            Haha...12 years of experience...

i flew First Class on SIA's B777-300ER recently (without earning any flying mile, all on credit card rewards points) and many frens asked me hw i did it n got so much miles...so I decided to do up a summary so that i need not repeat the same things over n over again...haha...

hope u guys will benefit from it...
                            Last edited by vsepr; 15 November 2010, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                              Haha...12 years of experience...

i flew First Class on SIA's B777-300ER recently and many frens asked me hw i did it n got so much miles...so I decided to do up a summary so that i need not repeat the same things over n over again...haha...

hope u guys will benefit from it...
                              haha, i fully agree with your analysis. which destination did you fly on F class? Hong Kong?
                              ________
                              Homemade vaporizer
                              Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your support!

I tink its not worth it to redeem miles on Economy Class..its better to redeem on Business Class or First Class...cos you get much more value out of it. For example:

A round trip ticket on SIA from Singapore to Tokyo Narita cost S$1045 in Economy Class, S$4650 in Business Class and S$7500 in First Class, all before taxes. Business Class is 445% more than Economy Class and First Class is 718% more than Economy Class.

For redemption for Saver awards roundtrip, Economy Class requires 45,000 miles, Business Class requires 70,000 miles and First Class requires 105000 miles (all before 15% discount). Business Class is 156% more than Economy Class and First Class is 233% more than Economy Class. You can't buy a Business Class ticket if you top up 56% more of what you pay in Economy Class.
                                Last edited by vsepr; 15 November 2010, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X