No announcement yet.

KrisFlyer Devaluation: Changes to KrisFlyer Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very glad to have kept my Amex points pool and not converted them to KF. Methinks it's high time to start learning the ropes over at AsiaMiles... (thanks again CX for the MPO Silver!)

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Full awards = more miles needed = Goodbye Krisflyer
      Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      They did a sample 1-way from SIN-LHR on Biz
      Saver: 60K
      Standard: 120K
      Full: 315K

That's the last straw......

To SQ: why bother with a so-called Frequent Flyer Program? You seem either to hate or to feel contempt towards those wanting to be loyal to you.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        Very glad to have kept my Amex points pool and not converted them to KF. Methinks it's high time to start learning the ropes over at AsiaMiles... (thanks again CX for the MPO Silver!)
        Some of the long-haul premium-class redemptions using Asia Miles can be "more expensive" than KF, esp with no 15% discounts for online bookings. But, as a FF Program, I think MPO definitely is better than the devalued KF right now.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
          Some of the long-haul premium-class redemptions using Asia Miles can be "more expensive" than KF, esp with no 15% discounts for online bookings. But, as a FF Program, I think MPO definitely is better than the devalued KF right now.
          Definitely, as Asia Miles also don't give tier bonuses. But with these moves, KF became stingier than AM for my long-haul redemptions.

Comment

They are going bonkers over here. not sure what got to their heads. Only Unrestricted awards (now Standard) for the new seats were bad enough in the past but now they bring Full awards on top of that to laugh at us?

Haha and we were bitching about LH introducing the HON / SEN awards at now reduced 150% miles (where a normal award equals 100% so a 50% premium). LH looking modest these days.

I will be even more fierce now to get the SQ check in agents to remove that SQ KF number from my BP that they automatically insert into all my PNR's even if my TA only booked the flights with my BD DC number. Somehow the SQ res system (?) just overwrites the BD number with my SQ KF number (do they match pax data to KF profiles?). Anyone has any similar experiences with that? Checkmytrip shows BD DC number and at check in I present only my BD Gold card but I get my BP and it has only my SQ KF number on it and not even BD *G. Go figure???
            Last edited by demue; 16 September 2008, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Yeah I'll have to learn the ropes and see. All my *A flying already goes to BD (while that lasts). It's my credit card spending that currently ends up with KF, but I can steer those points to AM.

Au revoir, PPS Amex...!

Comment

Just trying to shed some light...

It does say that the seat for full awards are given ON TOP of the saver and "standard" awards, looking at it from the bright side, saver and standard award remains the way it is, no? Or is it me who is being unusually naîve and can't see the marketing scam in this?

On top of that the 50% for one way (allowing open-jaw tickets to be booked online) + the 15% disc. on that as well is some good news, no?

Of course, I totally agree it is stupid to even come up with a 315,000 miles figure for a one way J-Class to London. As a matter of fact, I think stupid would be a gross understatement. But if the Saver Awards are untouched, can't we just ignore the fact Full Awards exist? I know I would...

Comment

Originally posted by Tanandika View Post
                  Or is it me who is being unusually naîve and can't see the marketing scam in this?
                  What is ominous for the long-term that that "Unrestricted" is now called "Standard".

So one day, when all those Spacebeds & Skysuites are gone (or perhaps sooner by some future sleight of hand? ), the redemption rates KF members pay will be the so-called "Standard" rates that are DOUBLE the current Saver rates, and what no-one in their right minds pays today.

Going by this, I would not be at all surprised to see these jerks charge "Standard" rates for redemptions on the forthcoming A330 "new" regional JCL...

Comment

But if the Saver Awards are untouched, can't we just ignore the fact Full Awards exist? I know I would...
                    Unfortunately, I can't ignore the fact that the Standard Awards will be the default on the LHR-SIN route, which is my most travelled route. As someone based in LHR, with no access to credit card miles that can credit into KF, the Standard Awards are extortionate, and the Full Awards are immaterial.

I was hoping that the Standard Award redemption rates would fall as the new cabins rolled out. It turns out that was hope springing eternal, in futility.
                    What is ominous for the long-term that that "Unrestricted" is now called "Standard".

So one day, when all those Spacebeds & Skysuites are gone (or perhaps sooner by some future sleight of hand? ), the redemption rates KF members pay will be the so-called "Standard" rates that are DOUBLE the current Saver rates ...

Going by this, I would not be at all surprised to see these jerks charge "Standard" rates for redemptions on the forthcoming A330 "new" regional JCL...

I fear this is where we're headed ... if we haven't jumped ship by then.

Oh well, it's a good time to exercise my ability to let go.

Comment

Just trying to shed some light...

It does say that the seat for full awards are given ON TOP of the saver and "standard" awards, looking at it from the bright side, saver and standard award remains the way it is, no? Or is it me who is being unusually naîve and can't see the marketing scam in this?

On top of that the 50% for one way (allowing open-jaw tickets to be booked online) + the 15% disc. on that as well is some good news, no?

Of course, I totally agree it is stupid to even come up with a 315,000 miles figure for a one way J-Class to London. As a matter of fact, I think stupid would be a gross understatement. But if the Saver Awards are untouched, can't we just ignore the fact Full Awards exist? I know I would...

So one day, when all those Spacebeds & Skysuites are gone (or perhaps sooner by some future sleight of hand? ), the redemption rates KF members pay will be the so-called "Standard" rates that are DOUBLE the current Saver rates, and what no-one in their right minds pays today.

This will most likely be the case. First they introduce Full awards then they would phase out saver awards. Then they would say that only standard awards are available for all redemptions. Thus everyone is now paying double the miles. A rather tactical move by KF but this is really disappointing.

Comment

Ok, everyone needs to CALM DOWN.

Let's wait and see first if this new 'Full Award' changes the current availability of saver awards. Everybody is jumping the gun but perhaps this new Full Award is going to be an additional allocation of seats for those who need to travel during a peak period... much the same as Qantas offers any available seat to those willing to part with the (large) number of miles required.

I was very happy to see the one-way award reduced to 50%. Thats a GOOD THING guys... yes they have re-worded the awards but nobody has any hard evidence to suggest that things wont change again when the 747's are phased out and A380's are dominating the major routes.
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

And the best part is that you still can't redeem for suites on the A380!

Will a full award allow you into the TPR?

Comment

Better burn the last of our miles on the still reasonable redemption on 744 planes......when will they be taken out of the market???

I am definitely going to try redeeming at least once on Sky Suites with my remaining miles!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                              And the best part is that you still can't redeem for suites on the A380!

Will a full award allow you into the TPR?
                              Don't think so....
                              TPR access is only for a fully-paid First-Class ticket holder

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                                Let's wait and see first if this new 'Full Award' changes the current availability of saver awards.
                                It doesn't have to; the fleet upgrade and 744 phaseout are doing that de facto.
                                I was very happy to see the one-way award reduced to 50%. Thats a GOOD THING guys
                                And recognized by all previous posts, no? The concern is about how the Standard rates are becoming the default.
                                ... yes they have re-worded the awards but nobody has any hard evidence to suggest that things wont change again when the 747's are phased out and A380's are dominating the major routes.
                                True, but do you have hard evidence that suggest that things would change as the A380s and 77Ws are delivered (and even before the 744s are phased out)? We're all reading tea leaves, but the shape of things to come doesn't look as positive for some of us.
                                Ok, everyone needs to CALM DOWN.
                                I'm happy you have more equanimity about your stock of miles and upcoming redemptions. But do make some allowance for a bit of outrage among those of us who would like to redeem regularly, OK?

Comment

Working...
                                X