PPS Value has appeared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CGK View Post
    My PPS sectors is only in average valued at S$500.
    My PPS miles is worth only 33 cents per mile.
    I must have calculated incorrectly. Looking at on-line now, my PPS Value started from May 22 last year. So, have to do manually next time for calculating the average.

Comment

I must have calculated incorrectly. Looking at on-line now, my PPS Value started from May 22 last year. So, have to do manually next time for calculating the average.
      I had printed my on-line statement.
      Indeed, the PPS Value appears are from the renewal date. So, my PPS sector is averaging around SGD498, even when I added all the sectors and value since May 22, I came up around the same amount.
      Indeed, the value shows so may funny stuff. Same segment, different date, shows different values.

Comment

.....the value shows so may funny stuff. Same segment, different date, shows different values.
        Same observation from me. Some segments differ by several multiples. I guess SGD500 per sector is about the norm. The conversion ratio of SGD1000 seems very generous. Effectively, SQ has double the sector requirement for PPS qualification.

Comment

I just did a calculation and mine comes up to $910.93 per sector.

Comment

Mine works out to S$ 326 per sector. I'm obviously a cheapskate

Comment

I have a question not directly related to the PPS value but linked to it because I think the answer to it is due to the ridiculous introduction of this system:

I flew SQ on 2 flights in F on April 1st on a ticket from another airline. So far, nothing has posted on my PPS account nor on the program on which I put the miles. CGK has seen his pure SQ ticket credit within 36h or less but nothing for such flight on another airline stock ticket...
              Has anybody done such a flight since the introduction of this PPS value? Has any of your flight posted yet?

Comment

My 2.5 sectors for FRA-JFK from last week have just shown up with a value of SGD 2350.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                  I have a question not directly related to the PPS value but linked to it because I think the answer to it is due to the ridiculous introduction of this system:

I flew SQ on 2 flights in F on April 1st on a ticket from another airline. So far, nothing has posted on my PPS account nor on the program on which I put the miles. CGK has seen his pure SQ ticket credit within 36h or less but nothing for such flight on another airline stock ticket...
                  Has anybody done such a flight since the introduction of this PPS value? Has any of your flight posted yet?
                  Take a look at the faq https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...s.jsp#Header13

If I am not misreading, you should be credited. According to the site, as long as they get revenue, we will get PPS value.

BTW, since I am new here I don't know if there's a rule against posting of external links. If there is, please do let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by psan View Post
                    Take a look at the faq https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...s.jsp#Header13

If I am not misreading, you should be credited. According to the site, as long as they get revenue, we will get PPS value.

BTW, since I am new here I don't know if there's a rule against posting of external links. If there is, please do let me know.
                    Welcome psan! There is no rule against posting external links.
                    Maybe I was not clear with my question. I know I will get the sectors and value credit. My question is the time it takes for it to post. Before the PPS Value c..p, sectors would post almost instantly on any kind of ticket. Since this new system it looks like interline tickets may take forever...

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Prof..

I remember seeing something on the site that mentions the new value system could take up to 2 weeks for the values to reflect on our statement.

Comment

Obviously I'm one of those PPS targeted for extermination: SGD202/sector.

Tightfisted Shorthands CSC

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          My 2.5 sectors for FRA-JFK from last week have just shown up with a value of SGD 2350.
                          It would be interesting to see what value I would get for this sector in May when I fly that sector. I am sure I will get a lot lot less than that since I have just got this strangely low RTW Business class fare from SQ at A$ 6,194 for my May trip that goes from SYD - SIN - SFO (77W) x- JFK - FRA - SIN (77W) - SYD. What a deal considering that is a total of 17.5 sectors and this will basically help me to requal my TPP until April 2009 at a very low revenue to SQ.

Maybe this discount is part of the "god-treatment" SQ promises since I did spend more than 3X the amount of required PPS Values in the last 12 months.
                          Last edited by UMD; 5 April 2007, 11:11 PM.

Comment

close to 500$ per sec.
                            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

The funny thing is that calculating the average on the real fare i paid, i'm under 440$...
                              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

$570 per sector

Comment

Working...
                                X