SQ to move to T3 at Jakarta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    Unfortunately they might not even be given the chance to have their own lounge (even like Esplanade - not SKL branded but exclusive to SQ pax).
    From what I heard, all ‘other’ airlines are to share one common lounge - the Plaza Premium?
    The Plaza Premium at T3 wont be able to handle number of pax if "other airlines are to share one common lounge".

Fingers crossed SQ will be able to get their own lounge, eventually!

Walk is indeed very long if departing or arriving at the extreme ends of the building like Gates 1-4. Yes there are buggies available but can't imagine how T3 will cope with all the pax once all the airlines have made their move to T3.

Comment

Originally posted by worldrally View Post
      The Plaza Premium at T3 wont be able to handle number of pax if "other airlines are to share one common lounge".

Walk is indeed very long if departing or arriving at the extreme ends of the building like Gates 1-4. Yes there are buggies available but can't imagine how T3 will cope with all the pax once all the airlines have made their move to T3.
      that sounds positively dreadful - I would rather board the plane to experience superior service than to be crowded into a substandard lounge

Comment

Originally posted by SQ968 View Post
        There is actually a direct link already (it’s always been there). There is a travellator to go up to L2 where there is a linkbridge between the terminal building and the car park L3. It’s just a bit hidden and not well signposted. After you walk past the money changers/taxi counters, take a right turn before you reach the throngs of meeters and greeters in the arrival hall, the travellator is there through a small opening. Supposedly it’s meant for pax with a domestic connection. There is usually a guard stationed there but I have never been questioned. Much quicker than going through the car park and taking the elevator from there.
        now you said it, i remember the first time I arrive at CGK from DPS (domestic side), I kind of recall using the link bridge to the parking area.

But I saw the connecting on international side was still cover by paper when I saw it late April. I may be wrong as I did not bother to check.
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by worldrally View Post

I doubted about all international airlines operating in T3, it's a decrease from previously 14 gates in T2 to 10 gates in T3, not sure how they'll handle the night rush hours with many GA redeyes operating to Australia and East Asia and many international airlines operating flights within 9PM until 12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maxc_20 View Post
            I doubted about all international airlines operating in T3, it's a decrease from previously 14 gates in T2 to 10 gates in T3, not sure how they'll handle the night rush hours with many GA redeyes operating to Australia and East Asia and many international airlines operating flights within 9PM until 12 PM.
            Some gates (or all) have A and B. So technically they have more than 10 gates. More than 15. Knowing how they operate, they will park the plane opposite T3 there

Comment

Originally posted by maxc_20 View Post
              When gates full, they'll use buses and remote stands.

Comment

Originally posted by marcyeo View Post
                Some gates (or all) have A and B. So technically they have more than 10 gates. More than 15. Knowing how they operate, they will park the plane opposite T3 there
                I just departed from Terminal 3 International several days ago, I get what you mean about the A and B, anyways regarding the lounge, there's also a Saphire lounge on the 1st floor opposite gate 7&8, not sure if some airlines use that lounge

Comment

I saw Sq984 on 22JUN departing like 01xx but no return flight to SIN. Any idea of this?
                  visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                    I saw Sq984 on 22JUN departing like 01xx but no return flight to SIN. Any idea of this?
                    SQ 984 is not a regular CGK-SIN flight, I believe it’s the supplementary flight they add to accomodate the peak demand around Indonesia’s annual Ramadan holidays. Offices close for a 8-9 days and people often take an extra week before and/or a week after off for an extended annual leave. Traffic between SG and Jkt is booked solid then.

Comment

Singapore Airlines plans NW18 Jakarta service increase

Singapore Airlines from 28OCT18 plans to increase Singapore – Jakarta service, where it currently operates 58 weekly flights. At the launch of Northern winter 2018/19 season, SQ962/963 service will be served on daily basis, thus increasing overall flights to 63.

SQ962 SIN1610 – 1655CGK 359 D
                      SQ963 CGK1800 – 2045SIN 359 D

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...vice-increase/

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                        Singapore Airlines plans NW18 Jakarta service increase

Singapore Airlines from 28OCT18 plans to increase Singapore – Jakarta service, where it currently operates 58 weekly flights. At the launch of Northern winter 2018/19 season, SQ962/963 service will be served on daily basis, thus increasing overall flights to 63.

SQ962 SIN1610 – 1655CGK 359 D
                        SQ963 CGK1800 – 2045SIN 359 D

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...vice-increase/
                        I guess this is just reinstate the SQ962/3 back to daily service from weekend only?
                        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                          SQ 984 is not a regular CGK-SIN flight, I believe it’s the supplementary flight they add to accomodate the peak demand around Indonesia’s annual Ramadan holidays. Offices close for a 8-9 days and people often take an extra week before and/or a week after off for an extended annual leave. Traffic between SG and Jkt is booked solid then.
                          I know this is an extra flight. But my question why I cannot see the return flight? I only see SIN-CGK departed 01xx but no return flight from CGK-SIN.

Don't tell me SQ will fly the plane back empty?
                          visit my blog

Comment

Gate staff at CGK told me the move to T3 is likely to be in early July. Apparently the airport asked them to move already but SQ still refusing until the airport can build them a lounge at T3. At least that’s what I was told this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                              Gate staff at CGK told me the move to T3 is likely to be in early July. Apparently the airport asked them to move already but SQ still refusing until the airport can build them a lounge at T3. At least that’s what I was told this morning.
                              Maybe check in at T2 with the lounge then ferry the pax to T3?
                              visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                                Maybe check in at T2 with the lounge then ferry the pax to T3?
                                T2 is slated for renovation (and thus most likely closed) after all airlines move to T3. Having SQ alone in T2 just for the lounge may be very costly, as well as being an inconvenience for passengers with the then-ongoing renovation work.

Comment

Working...
                                X