Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
    4 months, SKM still MIA
    Unless we can believe that SKE is also in the process of being deleased too, I guess SKM could be undergoing heavy maintenance and/or retrofitting. On a number of sources, I read it was the first 5 A380's (SKA-SKE) but based on what you said I thought SKM could be the 5th one, but I suspect SKM will eventually return to service.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      Unless we can believe that SKE is also in the process of being deleased too, I guess SKM could be undergoing heavy maintenance and/or retrofitting. On a number of sources, I read it was the first 5 A380's (SKA-SKE) but based on what you said I thought SKM could be the 5th one, but I suspect SKM will eventually return to service.
      im sure it will. SKA-SKE are the ones leaving for sure.
      nonetheless, the longest for heavy maintenance generally has been 3 months. even retrofitting max 3 months. it's 4+ now. suggests some repair could be going on.

Comment

• The first complete refit of an A380 will take a lot of planning and work, so I suspect that could be part of it. They might not be refitting just yet but a lot of preparatory work might need to be done and this could be bundled together with a major check.

Comment

• I guess they could also be looking into doing some modifications to address the issues/complaints from the original product.
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Just seen a photo on Twitter. SKA & B have had their engines removed. Could they be scrapped?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              Just seen a photo on Twitter. SKA & B have had their engines removed. Could they be scrapped?
              SKA has spent so much of its life in maintenance and is said to be significantly heavier than other A380s. I can't see why anyone would want it until the rest of the yard is empty.

Comment

• Zurich (SQ346/345) and Shanghai (SQ830/833) flights are now loaded with the new A380 products from 2nd August 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                  Zurich (SQ346/345) and Shanghai (SQ830/833) flights are now loaded with the new A380 products from 2nd August 2018.
                  I hope SKY or SKZ can be delivered by then

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    I hope SKY or SKZ can be delivered by then
                    They both have to be. If they're not - it won't happen!

Comment

• 26 Mar 2018, SQ231/SQ222 was unusually served by 9V-SKU, SQ221/SQ232 on the same day was served by 9V-SKV

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                        26 Mar 2018, SQ231/SQ222 was unusually served by 9V-SKU, SQ221/SQ232 on the same day was served by 9V-SKV
                        I believe you mean 28MAR18.
                        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                          I believe you mean 28MAR18.
                          Yes Sir, apologise for the typo. I meant 28 Mar 18

Comment

• Sq25 needs to be retrofitted badly. Just flew it. I actually been flying it once a yr for the last 3 yrs.

Comment

• I just saw this news: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...9260?cid=FBcna . What aircrafts are they talking about? 9V-SK* what?

Comment

• Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
                                I just saw this news: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...9260?cid=FBcna . What aircrafts are they talking about? 9V-SK* what?
                                MSN 003 & 005 (9V-SKA & 9V-SKB)

Comment

Working...
                                X