Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Award Ticketing Question

Hi Guys,

Have a question re waitlist clearing. Basically I booked and confirmed Standard First class for return SYD-SIN-KUL vv. SIN-KUL vv is in Business standard. Had to make the business leg standard as they won't allow mixed class.

But I also waitlisted SYD-SIN-KUL vv in Saver class First and Saver Business for the SIN-KUL vv legs.

I just received an SMS, for the waitlist being cleared for the return leg, SIN-KUL-SYD in saver class for F and J.

Will they allow me to remove the confirmed standard F and J award and return me the miles difference between standard and saver awards for the return leg taking into account my confirmed ticket was a return ticket not 2 one ways....

I will call SQ up tomorrow but just want to get the heads up if anyone know or have done this type of booking before

Thanks,
    K.

Hi K3nnis!

Was your round trip standard redemption and waitlisted saver sector all on a single redemption booking? If so, if the waitlist clears, the miles on the back sector should be returned to you automatically.

However, if the one way saver waitlist was a completely separate redemption booking, then I'm not sure if it is possible to cancel just the return segment of your round trip standard redemption. They may ask you to cancel (And get a refund of miles etc) and rebook a new one way redemption.

Best to contact SQ. If you did contact them, what did they say?

Comment

Thanks. The waitlist was on a separate booking.

I called and I had to cancel the booking for the return flight for US$30 or 35 and got the miles back then rebook the return flight as a one way saver. The outbound flight is also a one way but standard miles. I have the waitlist for the outbound as savers still lets see if it comes through. But will be another US$30 to rebook. But will get 67000+ miles I think which I think is worth doing My outbound is on 26th December. Is it normally busy this period? If it is I doubt the outbound waitlist will clear.

Comment

Working...
      X