X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
    Does the 72A have 2 or 3 classes ?
    The refitted 772 (72A) is a 2 class bird. In reference to my post above, i misquoted. I confused the 72 refurb with that of the 73. Sorry for the inconvinience

No more F for 860/863 while the 72A is in rotation.
    Last edited by SINFJ; 19 September 2011, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone have any experience with the set of 2-seater seats on this 72A on row 47? It is just in front of the toilets which i hate but the other 2-seaters are right at the back next to the galley which I hate even more. Seatguru is a little outdated these days. Any comments appreciated.

Am flying to IST on one of these birds for a vacation. Would have loved to get redemption biz-class for my wife and I but they don't have seats for the days I fly on Saver.

Comment

• post deleted
        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
          I've been searching for where I can find the plane type and it's destinations - for example if I want to find out where the SQ A380 or 747 flies... Is there a summary page of showing plane type and destination?
          SQtraveller, the first page of this thread has posts containing all the information you are looking for. Just sorted by destination, not a/c type.
          /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Has CHC gone back to the 772ER aircraft rather than the refurbished 772?
            The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

• Hi guys,

Been lurking for a while - what a great forum! I didn't want to start a new thread so hope this is the right place to ask this question.

Looking to book a business saver award from SIN-PER next year and there is the choice between the A330 or retrofitted 777-200. From the seatmap etc I understand they both have the 'new' regional C fitted, but was wondering if there is a preference to which plane people recommend? I know it's just a short flight but my fiancé and I have never flown business before on SIA and it will be the completion of our honeymoon, so thought might as well ask in case one is preferable to the other!

Thanks a lot

Comment

• If they both have the new regional seat fitted, I'd go for the one that suits your schedule more/allows you more time to enjoy the lounge since it's part of your honeymoon. Congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  If they both have the new regional seat fitted, I'd go for the one that suits your schedule more/allows you more time to enjoy the lounge since it's part of your honeymoon. Congratulations!
                  Ok, great, will work around that then. Thank you!

Comment

• I prefer the 777 as the seat is marginally wider and there's a tad more legroom but that's me.

Comment

• Hang on....PER only gets a seasonal 772 but is that retro-fitted?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        Hang on....PER only gets a seasonal 772 but is that retro-fitted?
                        Yep. How do I know this? I've got a booking on SQ226 next month. I just happened to be logged in to singaporeair today when I noticed that my seat assignment had disappeared. The seat map now shows a 2-2-2 config, with 20 seats up front, plus 18 more in a second cabin. This is one of the retrofitted planes, right?

Not happy that I booked 6 months ago when the plane was empty, and selected the best seats. That all counts for nothing now, and I've been left to peck at the crumbs - all without a word of warning from SQ.

On the plus side I suppose I do get to try the new product.

My return leg is on SQ223. This has also been switched to the same config 772. This means that SQ229, which is still a 333, arrives at PER 1hr 25 minutes before SQ223. It then departs PER as SQ230 1hr 40 minutes after SQ226. Or to put it another way - there will be a 333 parked at PER for just over 4 hours each day. A chance to do some plane spotting.

At the same time, I also noticed that SQ have changed my onward flights on SQ972/SQ975 to BKK. This is now showing as a 3 classs 772. Could this signal the long awaited return of F on this route? Ha ha. We can always dream I suppose

Comment

• Originally posted by DinkumDave View Post
                          Yep. How do I know this? I've got a booking on SQ226 next month. I just happened to be logged in to singaporeair today when I noticed that my seat assignment had disappeared. The seat map now shows a 2-2-2 config, with 20 seats up front, plus 18 more in a second cabin. This is one of the retrofitted planes, right?

Not happy that I booked 6 months ago when the plane was empty, and selected the best seats. That all counts for nothing now, and I've been left to peck at the crumbs - all without a word of warning from SQ.

On the plus side I suppose I do get to try the new product.

My return leg is on SQ223. This has also been switched to the same config 772. This means that SQ229, which is still a 333, arrives at PER 1hr 25 minutes before SQ223. It then departs PER as SQ230 1hr 40 minutes after SQ226. Or to put it another way - there will be a 333 parked at PER for just over 4 hours each day. A chance to do some plane spotting.

At the same time, I also noticed that SQ have changed my onward flights on SQ972/SQ975 to BKK. This is now showing as a 3 classs 772. Could this signal the long awaited return of F on this route? Ha ha. We can always dream I suppose
                          Oh oh....new update
                          Singapore – Perth
                          10DEC11 – 31JAN12 SQ229/230 Airbus A330-300 replaces planned Boeing 777-200 service
                          eff 15DEC11 SQ225/224 Boeing 777-200 replaces Airbus A330-300 (SQ224 from PER from 16DEC11)
                          eff 16DEC11 SQ223/226 Boeing 777-200 replaces Airbus A330-300

Comment

• SQ872/871 HKG are no longer 333 but 772. Can someone pls advise config to update the thread.

In fact, if you have any further updates, pls advise so that we can maintain accuracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              SQ872/871 HKG are no longer 333 but 772. Can someone pls advise config to update the thread.

In fact, if you have any further updates, pls advise so that we can maintain accuracy.
                              772ER with 9V-SV? series with SpaceBed config.

http://web.archive.org/web/201002081...B777-200er.gif

http://web.archive.org/web/201002081...B777-200er.pdf

Comment

• Christchurch

SQ 297/298 to Christchurch has been operating as a 772ER for quite some time (9V-SV*). It took SQ298 on the 2nd and it was operated by a 772ER.

Comment

Working...
                                X