KrisFone Omitted From B77W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KrisFone Omitted From B77W

I was watching http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...t/ifevideo.jsp out of boredom and noticed in Economy Class that there is no obvious evidence of KrisFone.

Anyone notice / seen of the same?

Please say that this does not mean that they are planning to allow mobile phones on their flights. .

Comment

How can you tell it's not on the back of the handset, like always?

Comment

If you watch the video, the back of the handset looks like the keyboard, well, it is the keyboard.

There was also no obvious sign of credit card swipe slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
          I was watching http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...t/ifevideo.jsp out of boredom and noticed in Economy Class that there is no obvious evidence of KrisFone.

Anyone notice / seen of the same?
          Now that you mention it, yeah - it does look like an omission. Unless they've got some application on the in-seat StarOffice suite that now handles the calling??

I've never really used that phone option. Does anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
            If you watch the video, the back of the handset looks like the keyboard, well, it is the keyboard.

There was also no obvious sign of credit card swipe slot.
            Then why is this guy using a full-sized keyboard?

Seems silly to have a mini-keyboard and a full-sized keyboard, no?

Originally posted by LightSpeed View Post
            Now that you mention it, yeah - it does look like an omission. Unless they've got some application on the in-seat StarOffice suite that now handles the calling??

I've never really used that phone option. Does anyone??
            I sure don't. I prefer to travel in anonymity.

Comment

There is a mini-keyboard built into the handset - I saw it during the PPS product demo in London.

You can also plug in a full sized keyboard into the USB slot if you have one handy in your hand luggage (!). Perhaps SQ will also have a few to lend out ?

Plugging in a full sized keyboard will be a problem in Y since, I believe, those seats only have one USB slot but you also need to plug in a USB memory device.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                You can also plug in a full sized keyboard into the USB slot if you have one handy in your hand luggage (!). Perhaps SQ will also have a few to lend out ?

Plugging in a full sized keyboard will be a problem in Y since, I believe, those seats only have one USB slot but you also need to plug in a USB memory device.
                As long as your keyboard has a USB hub you should be fine, and I would assume the SQ loaners would be like this...

Comment

On the back side of the handset, there are keyboard keys and the 2 phone keys (1 green and 1 red) which on the standard handset located next to the home button and on the premium handset (the black color handset) located next to the option button in the same row as the Space Bar.

Comment

Note: Administrator, if this post is not appropriate, please delete

When I had problem with my IFE on SQ333, I asked the mechanic/technician from Panasonic. He said that Krisfone is installed, but not functioning yet. Perhaps I had too much to drink, but I only remembered something like using the keyboard as well as the screen, and the credit card slider is somewhere... (Too much Piper... )

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                      Note: Administrator, if this post is not appropriate, please delete

When I had problem with my IFE on SQ333, I asked the mechanic/technician from Panasonic. He said that Krisfone is installed, but not functioning yet. Perhaps I had too much to drink, but I only remembered something like using the keyboard as well as the screen, and the credit card slider is somewhere... (Too much Piper... )
                      It can't be on the handset, can it? SQFG's pics seems to show an absence of it: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...58&postcount=3

Comment

Let's put it this way - I saw no evidence of Krisfone anywhere

Comment

Same here, I don't see any evidence of the Krisfone
                          "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewSQ011 View Post
                            Same here, I don't see any evidence of the Krisfone

I have a pix here that says otherwise

However, I cannot seem to get it posted up

Can anyone tell me how to post a pix up?
                            Last edited by mec; 16 December 2006, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mechinois View Post
                              Can anyone tell me how to post a pix up?
                              Advice from our IT Guru LukeGT can be found in this thread.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X