No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like 9V-SRI is leaving the fleet soon. It was spotted in an all-white livery not too long ago and did a test-flight on 27AUG13.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
      Seems like 9V-SRI is leaving the fleet soon. It was spotted in an all-white livery not too long ago and did a test-flight on 27AUG13.
      Where will it be sent to ? Any ideas when SQF will leave ? That is the ultimate most run down plane....

Comment

Seems like 9V-SRI is leaving the fleet soon. It was spotted in an all-white livery not too long ago and did a test-flight on 27AUG13.
        I saw 9V-SRI landing on the 27th. All white, as you say, landing on 20C. I was on SQ 964, number 2 or 3 for 20C. Was looking out the window and did a double take on the all white landing 777 and had enough time spot her as Sierra Romeo India. Where does she go from here?

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
          Where will it be sent to ? Any ideas when SQF will leave ? That is the ultimate most run down plane....
          My guess would be after the introduction of the new cabins on the SIN-LHR route, which will free up a 777-300ER for SIN-DXB. The 777-300 used on the DXB route can then be used for the SIN-CGK 3 class route, which 9V-SQF is currently doing everyday

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
            I saw 9V-SRI landing on the 27th. All white, as you say, landing on 20C. I was on SQ 964, number 2 or 3 for 20C. Was looking out the window and did a double take on the all white landing 777 and had enough time spot her as Sierra Romeo India. Where does she go from here?
            9V-SRQ also has matching flight records online suggesting it might also depart imminently. No flights in the past month other than SQ 8877 yesterday, four days after the identical record for SRI.

The only advantage I can see of retaining SQF over these two is the F cabin, so it must really be popular for SIN-CGK flights?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              9V-SRQ also has matching flight records online suggesting it might also depart imminently. No flights in the past month other than SQ 8877 yesterday, four days after the identical record for SRI.

The only advantage I can see of retaining SQF over these two is the F cabin, so it must really be popular for SIN-CGK flights?
              Yes, the SIN-CGK 3 class flights are very popular, which is the only reason why SQ is keeping SQF until they can find another 3 class substitute.

But, why do they want to discard SRI and SRQ first? Why not SRF, which is older? Also, SRQ has been recently refitted with new seats

Comment

• Maybe they were due for heavy checks, or depending on what's next for them were more marketable? It will be a good day when we're finally rid of all the legacy cabins.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr_botak View Post
                  Maybe they were due for heavy checks, or depending on what's next for them were more marketable? It will be a good day when we're finally rid of all the legacy cabins.
                  I think you're right there. For the same reason I don't think we'll see a refit of 9V-SVO, there's an age limit for getting a good trading price for old fleet, so that upsets the simple logic of banishing the oldest first. If a refit is only being done to buy time due to late deliveries of new craft, better to refit those that you can no longer sell profitably. As mentioned previously, lets hope the DXB upgrade to 77W frees up a 773 to make SQF redundant.

Comment

• Victor Oscar is a leased frame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                      Victor Oscar is a leased frame.
                      Ah thanks for the confirmation. There has been plenty of discussion about the fact one of them was leased but nobody had previously volunteered knowledge which one it was and planespotters doesn't note it either.

I had a hunch it could have been SVO as it arrived quite a bit later than most of its counterparts.

Comment

• SRQ is back in service, so that kills that speculation...

Comment

• Former 9V-SQG parted out:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Boein...-ER/2313178/L/

Comment

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                            Apparently 9V-SRI is being transferred to Scoot.

Comment

Apparently 9V-SRI is being transferred to Scoot.
                              sigh, why not SQF

Comment

sigh, why not SQF
                                Cos SQF has an F cabin which is needed. As soon as SWU & SWV start flying to LHR which frees up a standard 77W for DXB, which will free up a 73A with an F cabin, which in turn can replace SQF.

Comment

Working...
                                X