SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
    I have been doing CGK-SIN very frequently these past few months. I'm looking forward to when they replace Quebec Foxtrot. Been spending too much time in its ratty old cabins.

yes agree ! nothing wrong with the plane. just the old old old cabins, and charging new cabin prices

Comment

• Not read all this, but i hear a SQ 772 is on dry lease to scoot?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        Not read all this, but i hear a SQ 772 is on dry lease to scoot?
        All of them are actually

Comment

• Thought they had been sold. Lets rephrase what i meant then I believe there is one on a short term dry lease, it has retained the SQ interior.

Comment

Thought they had been sold. Lets rephrase what i meant then I believe there is one on a short term dry lease, it has retained the SQ interior.
            9v-SRG is now 9v-OTF. This bird has an unchanged interior with IFE and old SQ layout with Spacebeds and 3-3-3 layout instead of Scoot's 3-4-3 etc. but in line with Scoot policy the IFE is not turned on.
            Last edited by hviswanathan; 31 December 2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Thought they had been sold. Lets rephrase what i meant then I believe there is one on a short term dry lease, it has retained the SQ interior.
              I was mistaken. The 1st 5 were bought by TZ.

Comment

• Thanks for the update

Comment

• Keep watch on 9V-SRH. It's been out of service for over a week it seems and the latest A330 (SSA) has now been in service for a while. Anybody have any other information on SRH?

Comment

• Big news on the 9V-SQF withdrawal hopes!

The new PDF timetable is showing all three SIN-CGK flights currently flown usually daily by SQF (SQ950,958,966) as changing to 773 refitted from March 30.

Finally, it looks like there might be an official last day for SQF- March 29. That should make some of you on this thread happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      Big news on the 9V-SQF withdrawal hopes!

The new PDF timetable is showing all three SIN-CGK flights currently flown usually daily by SQF (SQ950,958,966) as changing to 773 refitted from March 30.

Finally, it looks like there might be an official last day for SQF- March 29. That should make some of you on this thread happy!
                      Actually, my flight on SQ958 on 24Feb is showing up as 773. So it could happen much earlier.

Comment

Finally !!!!

Comment

Happy indeed! I was on Quebec Foxtrot twice this past week, both times the age of the aircraft was a point of conversation with the crew. What usually happens is the pilot announces we have been instructed to hold incoming to SIN or CGK and that's when I get up to stretch my legs and get another drink by the galley. I joke thatt that spot next to the galley on QF is the same exact spot on the same exact aircraft that I have found myself waiting and drinking way too many times these past few years, passing the time on another delayed arrival, that it almost feels like home. The last time was maybe the most memorable, as the crew were good for some chit chat and laughs and then they served me Dom leftover from some LPPS or other bigwig demanding Dom in J. So, there have been good memories, but hey, thank goodness they are finally able to pull QF. So long! You won't be missed!

Comment

• SQ refitted B772ERs now on SIN-CHC

Just received a newsletter from SQ stating that WEF from today,SIN-CHC will be served by the refitted long haul B777-212ERs. That will mean CHC will get the same long haul, lie flat J class seats as that of the 77Ws and A380s...

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
                              Just received a newsletter from SQ stating that WEF from today,SIN-CHC will be served by the refitted long haul B777-212ERs. That will mean CHC will get the same long haul, lie flat J class seats as that of the 77Ws and A380s...
                              It hasn't started yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                                It hasn't started yet?
                                AFAIK not yet, as SVH, SVK and SVO (i.e. the non refitted birds) have been operating SIN-CHC vv and SIN-AKL vv (SQ281/282) for a number of months now. According to the email newsletter, it should change tonight with SQ297 receiving the refitted long haul J 772ER.

Comment

Working...
                                X