No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ531|12JUN (AMD-SIN) operated by 9V-STW is AOG in Ahmedabad apparently due to a hydraulic issue.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• SQ516|08JUN (SIN-CCU) operated by 9V-STV had a technical issue that delayed the flight by 3 hours.

STD: 2100
      ETD: 2300
      ATD: 0005

The episode made it to social media:
      http://theindependent.sg/sia-threate...o-become-sick/

Link to original Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/chandni.dou...0431698370023/

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
        SQ516|08JUN (SIN-CCU) operated by 9V-STV had a technical issue that delayed the flight by 3 hours.

STD: 2100
        ETD: 2300
        ATD: 0005

The episode made it to social media:
        http://theindependent.sg/sia-threate...o-become-sick/

Link to original Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/chandni.dou...0431698370023/
        I can believe that the air-condition may not be working, but quite an unbelievable account otherwise. SQ516 was docked at gate A7 (flightaware) on 8 June. Was there a need to take a bus? I also see some passengers holding on to drinks.

The lawyers can take over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
          I can believe that the air-condition may not be working, but quite an unbelievable account otherwise. SQ516 was docked at gate A7 (flightaware) on 8 June. Was there a need to take a bus? I also see some passengers holding on to drinks.

The lawyers can take over.
          A7 is a bus gate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bon View Post
            A7 is a bus gate.
            For a moment I thought you were joking. Until I saw this pic:

https://onemileatatime-wpengine.netd...-Lounge-44.jpg

I never knew there are bus gates in T3! To think I have lived and flew for decades from here. My bad. Apologies and thanks for letting me know.

Comment

• The passengers were bussed to stand 401 which is behind gate D42 of Terminal 1.

Comment

• The video does not show any SQ cabin crew at all.
                Look at the original post, so many experts/lawyers from India ask to sue SQ.
                Not sure for what basis.

Comment

• As much as I wish it wasn't the case after reading that account, the situation does seem that it could have been handled better. The flight did leave 3 hours late and did leave from a bus gate. Bussing passengers to a plane without working air-conditioning in Singapore is an operational risk and I can't say I'd appreciate that treatment.

What doesn't help is unnecessary, intense melodrama and aggression toward staff. While I've never encountered a racially-motivated air-con fault, that post reminds me of a country where I faced the longest, most frequent delays on transport, never once with an explanation offered...

Comment

• SQ866|13JUN (SIN-HKG) originally operated by 9V-SWY had a technical issue which necessitated an aircraft change.
                    As a result, the flight was delayed by 2.5hrs. 9V-SWT was the replacement aircraft.

STD: 1305
                    ETD: 1500
                    ATD: 1536

Comment

• SQ247 SIN-MEL 15JUN18

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ile-taxiing-on

Comment

• Originally posted by Bon View Post
                        Aircraft involved is 9V-SQJ.
                        Last edited by 9V-SPL; 15 June 2018, 10:17 PM. Reason: Correction of registration

Comment

• This is very interesting to note that the plane's door emergency chute have been deployed and hope the investigation into this will be made known. Wonder who opened the door when its armed - as the news mentioned that the crew had to "temporarily closed" the door before the plane was towed back to the gate.

Comment

• SRO was the plane that ended up being brought in to take over. It was the one flying two hours late. SRQ was leaving for HKG around the time the incident occurred so I don't think it could have been the faulty plane. Other than SRM, all the 772 regionals are in service. SRP flew suspiciously 3 hours late to HKG the next morning but at the time of the incident was on a flight back from PER. It's hard to see from flight records which plane was involved. How long to fix a fault like that?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              SRO was the plane that ended up being brought in to take over. It was the one flying two hours late. SRQ was leaving for HKG around the time the incident occurred so I don't think it could have been the faulty plane. Other than SRM, all the 772 regionals are in service. SRP flew suspiciously 3 hours late to HKG the next morning but at the time of the incident was on a flight back from PER. It's hard to see from flight records which plane was involved. How long to fix a fault like that?
                              9V-SPL said the plane was SQJ and it flew to PER today.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                                This is very interesting to note that the plane's door emergency chute have been deployed and hope the investigation into this will be made known. Wonder who opened the door when its armed - as the news mentioned that the crew had to "temporarily closed" the door before the plane was towed back to the gate.
                                Yeah I wonder if someone actually opened the door manually!
                                Would have been a catastrophe if it was a malfunction and happened in the air.

Comment

Working...
                                X