Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Alliance Rewards (yyz-nrt-pvg-sin-cgk-dps-pek-iad-yyz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Alliance Rewards (yyz-nrt-pvg-sin-cgk-dps-pek-iad-yyz)

After 7 long years of hard work in collecting AC miles as SE, finally I've reached my million mark and thought to myself that it's time to go travel. Against all the odd, I finally manage to give myself a 1 month vacation.

My wife and I sit in the coffee shop in Downtown Toronto few days after the glorious Canada Day in 2009 deciding where to go this october. This would be for our first award trip vacation.

We decided to go to travel around south east asia and at the end visiting her distance relatives and old friends back in indonesia.

Cost of This trip:
    170,000 Miles X 2 PAX
    + CA$287.60 in airport taxes payable to AP

Oct 1, 2009
    YYZ-NRT
    AC001
    5K, 5K

Our ship, the mighty 773ER

Premier Lounge, I think it is much better than MLL since PL is much more quiter and seems more exclusive compare to the other

Seat pitch: good, Seat witdh: too narrow....

100% full in both Y and J

Menu for today's Lunch

I choose Kaiseki-style Japanese Meal where as my wife choose the Gilled Veal

The japanese Meal consist of the following:
    Elaborate tray of steamed Conger Eel with Tofu,
    Chicken Dumpling and smoked salmon appetizer
    Accompanied by Japanese side dishes, pickes,
    Noodles and miso soup followed by ork
    Mith mixed Vegetables and Mountain yam

Sake

Ace Bakery Authentic breads

OKA L’Artisan honeycombed Chees, Rondoux Triple

Ice Cream for Desert

Somewhere in the middle of the Pacific i am hungry again.....and requested for an instant noodle...
    I love you Nissin, you always taste so good....

Entering the vacinity of the Metropolitan Tokyo Area

Still cannot figure it out how to work this cigarrates machine

This is why i LOVE Japan....Yokoso!
    Last edited by mraquinas; 28 February 2010, 05:47 AM.
    AC-SE (2007-Now), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

*Alliance Rewards trip (part 2)

Oct 2, 2009
    NH919
    NRT – PVG
    2A, 2B

Time to check in for our next flight Shanghai...

Our 767 looks like a miniature plane beside the mighty 380

Inside the Terminal 2 of Narita Airport

Spotting the giant

in our suprise, my wife spotted Garuda Indonesia Airways

KIRIN Beer, is the true ‘ICHIBAN’

The usual ANA Lunch Box, nicely decorated and taste 10/10

time for another KIRIN ichiban

to be continue to Part 3

Comment

*Alliance Rewards Trip (Part 3)

Hun, can you please take my picture but please make sure you took that RED FLAG above.....

After 3 days getting around shanghai, its time for our next lag to Singapore....

SQ825
      PVG-SIN
      12A , 12C

Shanghai Internation Terminal 2

Long taxi on the run way at PVG

VIDEO :
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUVoghn_-7A

Singapore Regional Business Class Meal......well done food, SQ regional business class seat - you sucks!

Singapore Crown Plaza Hotel at Terminal 3 Changi Airport....Complimentary of the Intercontinental Group Canada

Terminal 3 of Changi airport

The reason why we love Singapore because of its variety of foods. The Singapore called food capital of Asia. Different types of foods Chinese, Indian, Malay, Indonesian and Western foods are all on offer, and some of the tastiest creations are those sold from the atmospheric street stalls.

Singaporean Chicken Satay with peanut sauce.....D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S ....

and we found the biggest LV bag in the world

To be continue to Part 4...

Comment

*Alliance Rewards Trip (Part 4)

After a long week in Singapore, it is time for us to go to our mother land, Indonesia. It’s been 22 long years since myself ever gone back to visit Indonesia. For my wife, this is her second time in 2009

LH778
        SIN - CGK
        1A, 1C

The biggest mistakes we made for not choosing SQ for this lag....

T2/T3 Lounge: SQ Lounge (thanks God for SQ)
        Fleet: LH 744 (new seats) 7/10
        Meal Searvice: 2/10 (it seems that it is $5 box snackers put on the plate)

WELCOME TO JAKARTA – INDONESIA

Unlike my wife, it cost me $25 Visa Fee to enter Indonesia. I am very happy to be able to step foots again in my native land, the country where I was born.

The warm greeting sign welcoming my wife and I....

Wow...what a change...I can\t recognize even a bit about this new Jakarta, very vulgar and where you can see the very rich live side by side with the very poor....

After we were landed, we were heading straight to our hotel, Le Meridean in Jl. Jendral Sudirman.... As an SPG Platinum, I was upgraded to their presidential suite .... the room itself does not impress us as much, but the service, as usual in the south east Asian country; it was superb....

The view of Jakarta's Golden Triange from our Hotel Suite

After a few hours relaxing and cleaning off, my friend Tom of Waterloo, ON origin, who now teaches English in Jakarta came to pick us up to take us for dinner....

We both don’t really in to a spicy food and eating local delicacies, but Tom remind me about his restaurant, this restaurant known to be the one serving Asia best place for Gulai Kepala Ikan (fish head curry).....it is Acehnese curry...
        (they put a little mariyuana as part of the ingridient)

......I am thinking to myself, FISH HEAD?????? .. what the heck, bring it on....

Restaurant : Medan Baru
        Result: You better taste it to believe it...the most delicious thing i ever eaten my whole life....no question......F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C.

My wife laughed at us who eats like a pigs.....so delicious....

I think I regain my identity ....

My wife fells like shopping and shopping, nothing else, on the other, I don\t care too much about shopping. I called my buddy Tom and we decided we should go for a little adventure. Since we are planning to go to Bali in the next two days, we decided for Tom and I to go to DPS first and my wife and her friends will join us later.

To be continue to Part 5.....

Comment

*Alliance Rewards Trip (Part 5)

We both have passion about plane and we knew that one Indonesian airliner who just took deliveries of the new 737-900ER..... let\s try...

Lion Air
          CGK-DPS
          737-900ER
          1A, 1B

Cost: IDR720,000 each way per pax (around $72)

Waiting for our bird....Jakarta CGK Domestic Terminal 2.

knowing the reputation of Indonesia Airliners, we pray not too die today....:-)

We are alive........actually, was a very nice flight...clean cabin and beautiful attendants....

.......2 Days of Boys Night Out........

(CENSORED)

In the following 2 days, my wife, along with her 2 friends came to DPS to meet with us.
          She flew SQ via SIN to DPS...exactly what she said: “better safe than sorry” ...

Our room at the Nusa Dua Hyatt

The hotel lounge

Room service: 10/10
          Room Quality: 10/10
          Local Area: 8/10 (too exclusive, we later realize that we rather stay at Kuta)

There's my flag (O... Canada)

Beautiful Baliness Seafood

In Room Breakfast like a king....

Hotel Restaurant

To be continue to part 6....

Comment

*Alliance Rewards Trip (Part 6)

We watch this wonderful traditional Kecak Dance in our Hotel

Last day in Bali and we cannot stop eating

Have you ever seen Anthony Bourdain: No Reservation on food network when he went to Bali...yes, this is the one, Ibu Oka: the best pig in the whole worlddddd.....damn you pig, you are so delicious.....

Pa Cika Made, the best tour guide in the whole world

we have no idea what the hell are these guys doing.....but i am sure they are not trying to scare the tourist off....

and of course, last night in bali - dinner at JIMBARAN...beautiful on the beach front supper

To be continue part 7......

Comment

*Alliance Rewards Trip (Part 7)

October 26, 2009
              SQ800
              SIN-PEK
              772 (old seats)
              11A, 11B

Finally, we are here to witness the majestic of Beijing new airport terminal

Train station in Beijin
              Grand Central

First building we saw in Beijing outside of PEK

First night in beijing...guess what we found....we found a very nice Indonesian restaurant.....

My wife drinking her yummy ‘cendol’

This is you can only find it in China....
              the hell they are trying to say "In vehicle travel please not at will talk a malk"
              ????? EHHH???

another funny chinese english

On the entrance back to the airport, our hotel bus was checked by the police to make sure there are no Indonesian terrorist trying to sneak in and fly to Canada...lol..

To be continue to Part 8....

Comment

*Alliance Rewards Trip (Part 9)

we are back at the PEK International Airport

The glorious Capitalist of Starbuck

Inside the new T3 PEK terminal

Air China First Class Lounge

This soup is so gooooodddd

Get bored of the foods in the lounge, we went to the food court in the main floor and order some nice chinese noodle...yummy....
                (BTW, I gain a new knowledge that Jacky Chan makes green tea...lol)

I thought this is a fresh coconut juice, ....it sucks....

Beerrrsssss........gggghhhhhhhh.........

To be continued to part 10.......

Comment

awsome report... thanks for sharing

Comment

Great start Looking forward to the rest of the report. And I think the 767 that you said looked miniature compared to the A380, is a B777-200. It has 6 tyres on each landing gear behind.
                    Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

Originally posted by spw21 View Post
                      Great start Looking forward to the rest of the report. And I think the 767 that you said looked miniature compared to the A380, is a B777-200. It has 6 tyres on each landing gear behind.
                      Good eye. That's definitely a 777-200ER. Also can tell from the "sliced" APU exhaust.

Comment

Nice trip report. The English signs in China were a hoot!
                        Originally posted by mraquinas View Post
                        and we found the biggest LV bag in the world

I think they had a certain CGK-based VVIP SQTalker test that on one of his LAX or CDG runs. He pronounced it to be just about adequate.

Welcome to SQTalk, mraquinas.
                        Last edited by jjpb3; 25 February 2010, 07:48 PM.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Welcome to sqtalk. Nice trip report. The Medanese food reminded me of trip to Medan back in 2001. You been away from Indonesia for twenty years! Must have spent a lot of time catching up with the food.

Comment

Interesting TR!
                            Thanks for sharing & welcome to SQT, mraquinas.

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            I think they had a certain CGK-based VVIP SQTalker test that on one of his LAX or CDG runs. He pronounced it to be just about adequate.
                            Do you not realize this is no longer possible for LAX since SQ downgraded the allowance to 23 kg each bag for ANY class?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                              Do you not realize this is no longer possible for LAX since SQ downgraded the allowance to 23 kg each bag for ANY class?
                              The solution is of course, simple. Bring MORE bags . Like 18, which I've heard someone do before, but it's just pure rumour.

And to the OP - nice report. Seems like you had lotsa fun! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                              X