Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFO - Intercontinental SFO OR Intercontinental Mark Hopkins is better

Hi All,

There are 2 Intercontinentals in San Francisco (SFO), namely Intercontinental SFO and Intercontinental Mark Hopkins. I have a 3 night free stay under the Priority Club, so I am utilising the free nights. Which hotel is the more convenient one anyone knows?

Besides these hotels, I need to spend 1 more night by paying, I intend to try another hotel, so anyone recommend any 5 star hotels which are convenient somewhere near Union Square/Chinatown? e.g. The Stanford Court, A Renaissance Hotel (under Marriott, Read many good reviews about this hotel), OR JW Marriott etc.

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
    Hi All,

There are 2 Intercontinentals in San Francisco (SFO), namely Intercontinental SFO and Intercontinental Mark Hopkins. I have a 3 night free stay under the Priority Club, so I am utilising the free nights. Which hotel is the more convenient one anyone knows?

Besides these hotels, I need to spend 1 more night by paying, I intend to try another hotel, so anyone recommend any 5 star hotels which are convenient somewhere near Union Square/Chinatown? e.g. The Stanford Court, A Renaissance Hotel (under Marriott, Read many good reviews about this hotel), OR JW Marriott etc.
    This really should have been posted under:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3411

But to answer your question: take the Intercontinental SF (not SFO as there isn't one). A call to PC would tell you that it's pretty new and not run down like the MH. Add that they've got really low rates and very nice rooms and you've got a winner.

The only "5 star" hotel (truly rated) in SF is the Ritz Carlton. The ones you mentioned are pretty poor and do not even come close to the ICSF.
    HUGE AL

Comment

IC SF Howard St is more convenient, and better than the Mark Hopkins if you have status as they will upgrade you even on free nights.

Comment

Thanks HugeAL and Savage25, I am just Priority Club Gold Status, hope can get some upgrade, heard ICSF is a new hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
          Thanks HugeAL and Savage25, I am just Priority Club Gold Status, hope can get some upgrade, heard ICSF is a new hotel.
          You know Gold status means nothing right? You won't get a guaranteed upgrade unless you buy Ambassador status, which is well worth it and pays for itself.

Comment

IMHO, IC at SF is better and more modern than the old out dated Mark Hopkins. For a person who takes public transport, IC SF is only 2 blocks from Powell St Station of BART which goes to/from the SFO.

Comment

Sompe pictures of a corner room at IC San Francisco

Comment

My pics of the Mark Hopkins are here:
                http://icmarkhopkins.shutterfly.com/

Comment

SQLPP and Savage25,

Thanks for the pictures, greatly appreciated, seems IC SF is the newer and the better one as recommended by so many of you here through this forum. Also IC SF seems is the more convenient location, thanks to all who contributed, it has been a great help to me.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                  X