No announcement yet.

The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm quite curious. Why equip the medium-haul A359s with a different IFE system from the long-haul A359s and the 787-10s, which are also meant for medium-haul operations?

Wouldn't it be more streamlined and efficient for SQ to maintain a common set of IFE on all their newest aircrafts?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ-77W View Post
      Wouldn't it be more streamlined and efficient for SQ to maintain a common set of IFE on all their newest aircrafts?
      Coming from an IT technical background, I say it would. But I guess Thales gave them a good initial buy price.

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post

Thought so.

You should push them to let you pull the trigger sooner rather than later as a lot of people have already seen them now.

Comment

• Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
          Yeah the B781 will be debuting on SQ618 SIN-KIX on May 3rd.
          Yay. I have a flight KIX - SIN on 29 May and it now shows the 1-2-1 config of the new 787. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• When are they revealing the seats already? Gosh!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
              When are they revealing the seats already? Gosh!
              The new regional business class will be unveiled to PPS Club members on 28 March 2018, according to an email blast sent out.

Dear PPS Club member,
              The first to fly the Boeing 787-10, the newest and longest Dreamliner.

We are pleased to invite you and your partner, to join us in welcoming the latest member of our fleet and witness the unveiling of our new regional Business Class product, elevating your experience on even the shortest flights. This is followed by a specially arranged tour of the seats onboard the Dreamliner.

A new chapter in aviation awaits.

Event Details
              Date : Wednesday, 28 March 2018
              Time : 7.15pm
              Meeting Point : Singapore Stopover Counter, Changi Airport Terminal 2, Level 1
              (next to McDonald’s) for the shuttle service
              Venue : JetQuay CIP Terminal, 60 Airport Blvd, Singapore 819643
              Dress Code : Business Attire (No tie for gentlemen)

Programme
              7.00pm : Shuttle Bus service commences
              7.15pm : Registration at JetQuay
              8.00pm : Welcome address / unveil of new Business Class seat
              8.15pm : Aircraft tour (airport pass required*)
              Dinner and Lucky Draw
              10.00pm : End of event

Apart from the arranged tours, the seats will also be on display at JetQuay, for you to experience at your convenience at this event.
              Credit: Milelion chat group

Comment

• Selected PPS Club Members it seems

Comment

• Originally posted by JonathanL View Post
                  The new regional business class will be unveiled to PPS Club members on 28 March 2018, according to an email blast sent out.

Credit: Milelion chat group
                  They are revealing it there and then on the actual plane?

Comment

• Hope you guys have a good time at the launch event. Looking forward to pics of the 787-10's new cabin products.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                      Can you provide details on the map technology please?
                      Wan1dap, all we know from sources is that the entertainment system is from Panasonic and not Thales. I have no clue what maps will be on the 787-10, but it might be the same 3D maps used on the 77WR, 359 and new A380's. In any case, let's wait til the 787-10's come (or at least the launch event) and that can answer our questions even if no can of worms opens about this. Besides that, this is not a topic I'm going to discuss any further going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                        Wan1dap, all we know from sources is that the entertainment system is from Panasonic and not Thales. I have no clue what maps will be on the 787-10, but it might be the same 3D maps used on the 77WR, 359 and new A380's. In any case, let's wait til the 787-10's come (or at least the launch event) and that can answer our questions even if no can of worms opens about this. Besides that, this is not a topic I'm going to discuss any further going forward.
                        But you are SQfanatic! You must know. How can you use that handle if you are so clueless?

Comment

• 787-10 to fly to Perth

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...87-10-to-perth

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
                            They are revealing it there and then on the actual plane?
                            This is a post-arrival event: the 787-10 is slated to arrive into T2 and then roll across to the JetQuay for hangar ceremony and walk-through.

So it seems as if SQ may be doing what CX did a few years back for premium economy – holding off the reveal until we actually get onto the Dreamliner at Boeing's South Carolina facility.

I'll share more of the itinerary for the delivery flight when I'm liberty to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                              This is a post-arrival event: the 787-10 is slated to arrive into T2 and then roll across to the JetQuay for hangar ceremony and walk-through.

So it seems as if SQ may be doing what CX did a few years back for premium economy – holding off the reveal until we actually get onto the Dreamliner at Boeing's South Carolina facility.

I'll share more of the itinerary for the delivery flight when I'm liberty to do so.
                              Thanks mate. Always good to have you around.

Comment

• Sounds like welcome news for PER. I wonder if it will replace the 333 given that there are 1-2 to leave this Fiscal Year as mentioned on another thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X