2017 A380 First Class Suites and Business Class pics and reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing.

Truly impressed with SQ's loading toast just for you!

Comment

Thanks for the wonderful pictures, StarG!

Apart from the Suite, the catering looks amazing too...

Comment

Great TR as usual.

And the new copyright is bigger.

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        Catching on my favorite sitcom 'Fresh Off The Boat'

Gives you a glimpse as to the craziness of my childhood as it was sort of similar. LOL

The privacy while dining is very odd. So the door cannot be closed, or are you too close that you would be staring at the door itself?
        HUGE AL

Comment

Very nice pictures which give a good impression. Thanks for sharing. I'm wondering whether the new business class is more comfortable to lie flat in...still diagonally but is the footwell more spacious? At least the design is beautiful.

Comment

Thanks for the TR, StarG. I enjoyed the pics

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Thanks for sharing.

Truly impressed with SQ's loading toast just for you!
              I was very impressed as well!

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
              Thanks for the wonderful pictures, StarG!

Apart from the Suite, the catering looks amazing too...
              The pictures look second class compared to yours yflyer!
              Glad to post them up as additional reference though.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              Great TR as usual.

And the new copyright is bigger.

Gives you a glimpse as to the craziness of my childhood as it was sort of similar. LOL

The privacy while dining is very odd. So the door cannot be closed, or are you too close that you would be staring at the door itself?
              Is it? Didn’t realize.

Closing the door during meal service is an option actually. I just didn’t bother.

Originally posted by LeisureFlyer View Post
              Very nice pictures which give a good impression. Thanks for sharing. I'm wondering whether the new business class is more comfortable to lie flat in...still diagonally but is the footwell more spacious? At least the design is beautiful.
              Happy to share.
              Honestly I am not 100% sure, but the footwell does feel slightly more spacious (at least the window seats’)

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              Thanks for the TR, StarG. I enjoyed the pics
              I am glad you did SQfanatic.

Comment

The pictures look second class compared to yours yflyer!
                Glad to post them up as additional reference though.
                Not at all -- Your pictures are great! Also appreciate your insights on the finer points of the Suites experience...

Closing the door during meal service is an option actually. I just didn’t bother.
                That's a good point...I didn't realize it was an option. I wonder if, based on passenger feedback, SQ will eventually decide to have screen doors closed during meal service, and only open them when they come round for service.

Comment

On my new Suite flight in January, I asked them to close the door and they just close them, and they open it when ready to serve food. So privacy isn't really a factor, except during takeoff and landing.

Also most of the crew was learning about the new Suites, and when I asked them to put the bed they requested that their whole team going in to see how it was done so they can learn how to operate. I said no problem and they can prepare it a few times if they want, as I was talking with the captain at that time at the galley (he was on a break).

Comment

Thank you for posting, Sir. Better late than never, so they say.

F looks good, but I am concerned with the JCL bulkhead seats and also the lack of available/'useable' windows in JCL. It just goes to show that until you cannot really see how a product is until you get the chance to try them on a commercial service.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      [...] but I am concerned with the JCL bulkhead seats and also the lack of available/'useable' windows in JCL. It just goes to show that until you cannot really see how a product is until you get the chance to try them on a commercial service.
                      I was on the inaugural SQ305 on Saturday in J. I’ll share my thoughts and impressions in more detail later this week. But yes, for the bulkheads and especially the window ones, the seats didn’t feel like a flat out improvement.
                      /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                        I was on the inaugural SQ305 on Saturday in J. I’ll share my thoughts and impressions in more detail later this week. But yes, for the bulkheads and especially the window ones, the seats didn’t feel like a flat out improvement.
                        On SKV I suppose. Looking forward to pics of your's DesertTraveller

Comment

How many A380s now feature the new Suites?

Comment

Originally posted by SkySuites View Post
                            How many A380s now feature the new Suites?
                            2. SKU & SKV

Comment

Thanks for your impressions StarG.

Currently, seat 1 and 2 can be converted to a "couple's cabin" whereas seat 3 is for solo traveler only.

A problem can arise if a solo traveler wants seat 1 or 2.

It means that a couple traveling may not get their own "couple's cabin"

as they'd be relegated to seat 2 and 3, which cannot be converted

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                                Thanks for your impressions StarG.

Currently, seat 1 and 2 can be converted to a "couple's cabin" whereas seat 3 is for solo traveler only.

A problem can arise if a solo traveler wants seat 1 or 2.

It means that a couple traveling may not get their own "couple's cabin"

as they'd be relegated to seat 2 and 3, which cannot be converted
                                You are very welcome 9V-SIA.

Yes it could have been better if rows 2 & 3 are the ones ‘mergeable’.

Comment

Working...
                                X