This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    I think this is how it'll pan out when the ULR comes.

LAX
    ULR + A380 (379 seater) from JFK for a mere 21 seat increase (assuming the ULRs seat 170). I think the 471 seat A380 will show up later on.
    I'm pretty certain ICN-LAX will be dropped and they'll keep NRT-LAX

NYC
    ULR + 77W from LAX for 55 seat increase (again assuming 170 seat ULR)

SFO
    Hmmmm.... I really wonder if the ULR will show up on that route.
    If it does, perhaps ULR + A380 but where will it come from?

looking forward to what others think ...
    This recent article from December suggests SQ has no intention of down-gauging JFK once the nonstop service resumes. SQ25/26 also provides critical capacity on SIN-FRA vv.

Interestingly, while it confirms NRT-LAX will stay, there's no mention of ICN-LAX. I would venture to guess we'll see a new North American destination ex-ICN.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/12/sin...rankfurt-a380/

Comment

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
      This recent article from December suggests SQ has no intention of down-gauging JFK once the nonstop service resumes. SQ25/26 also provides critical capacity on SIN-FRA vv.
      https://thepointsguy.com/2017/12/sin...rankfurt-a380/
      I guess this is true and is implied by the author, but I'm always very skeptical when I read anything- two things are stated- 1. SQ are committed to the FRA-JFK route, and 2. It is the only route to the US still operated by the A380. These are two independent statements and if SQ were to downgauge SQ26/5 to a 77W, both statements would still be true.

Comment

• 9V-SRL has stopped flying. It's been on the ground about 5 days now.

Its morning flight pair has been covered by A330s for the past week except for one day, although A330s are not scheduled to take over these flights until 25MAR.

The evening flight pair has been covered by 772ERs for most of the last week and in 4 days it is officially scheduled to go A330.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          9V-SRL has stopped flying. It's been on the ground about 5 days now.

Its morning flight pair has been covered by A330s for the past week except for one day, although A330s are not scheduled to take over these flights until 25MAR.

The evening flight pair has been covered by 772ERs for most of the last week and in 4 days it is officially scheduled to go A330.
          I wonder if this means SRL will undergo heavy maintenance before it leaves SQ.

Comment

• doubt SRL will undego heavy maintenance before it leaves unless its leased or sold - otherwise be expensive to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              doubt SRL will undego heavy maintenance before it leaves unless its leased or sold - otherwise be expensive to do so.
              In the results briefing, it was clearly implied that SRL will follow SRJ to NokScoot.

I'm a bit miffed as I have a booking on SQ983 later next week; I wanted to relive some old memories.

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                In the results briefing, it was clearly implied that SRL will follow SRJ to NokScoot.

I'm a bit miffed as I have a booking on SQ983 later next week; I wanted to relive some old memories.
                Haha 259850, sounds like you a frequent passenger on SRL? I got this aircraft even though I didn't want to, when I travelled to BKK in November. I have no fond memories of it.

By the way, when you said results briefing, did you mean that their regular earnings announcement actually mention specific airframes?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
                  Haha 259850, sounds like you a frequent passenger on SRL? I got this aircraft even though I didn't want to, when I travelled to BKK in November. I have no fond memories of it.

By the way, when you said results briefing, did you mean that their regular earnings announcement actually mention specific airframes?
                  It's a short flight so I don't mind tattered seats - reminds of the time I took it and its siblings to CGK regularly when I covered Indo for work.

On your 2nd question, I worked it out from the statement made by management in the 1st half results briefing (last paragraph on page 6 and again top of page 13):
                  https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...pt-2fy1718.pdf

They didn't mention specific frames, but we know that all aircraft leased to NokScoot were from the regional 772 (SRx/SQx) series. SRJ moved over in October, and the only other regional 772 slated to leave the SQ fleet this year is SRL, so that must be the other frame headed to NokScoot.

They implied it, but yeah, probably not so "clearly". I should correct what I said above. Lol.

Comment

• Has 9V-SVE been retired too?

According to the 777 retirement thread on Airliners.net:

More 777 retirements from the past weeks:

772 Thai HS-TJA, ln. 25 (1996), permanently wfu
                    772 ANA JA701A, ln. 77 (1997), permanently wfu
                    772 Air China B-2067, ln.338 (2001), permanently wfu
                    77E Singapore 9V-SVE, ln.374 (2001)
                    77E Singapore 9V-SVF, ln.378 (2001)
                    77E Singapore 9V-SRL, ln.409 (2002)
                    http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...1177&start=100
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Thanks, 259850! That transcript is an interesting read. I used to dial in to tech vendors' earnings announcements when I was an analyst. Trying to see if I can wiggle my way to SIA's briefing in future...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                        Has 9V-SVE been retired too?

According to the 777 retirement thread on Airliners.net:

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...1177&start=100
                        It hasn't been flying for a month now.
                        Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• That’s a surprise... why SVE?
                          SVE was the only one between SVA-SVG that didn’t go to RBA previously. Is there some link?

Comment

• The poster on that forum giving the information is certainly long established with a huge post count, but doesn't say what the source is. We have some regular posters with interesting ideas about evidence, so I won't take this SVE news as gospel just yet.

I've been monitoring SVE the past month- one possibility is that it was due for some work and could be getting an ex-77W retro-fit like SVB & SVC.

My surprise at the idea it may have left is that if SQ decided it was suddenly oversupplied with 772s beyond its original planned retirement schedule, would we not see SQK depart first?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              My surprise at the idea it may have left is that if SQ decided it was suddenly oversupplied with 772s beyond its original planned retirement schedule, would we not see SQK depart first?
                              My suspicion is that SQ is negotiating with insurers on claims and the outcome would determine whether SQK gets fixed or scrapped.

Comment

• The fleet info in the March issue of SilverKris magazine lists only 8 retrofitted 777-200ERs, down from 9 in February. Sounds like SVE has definitely exited. This was not included in the fleet plan section of the mid-year results briefing.

On the other hand, the A333 fleet remains at 22. The briefing suggested one more will exit the fleet by end March.

Perhaps SQ has decided to retire an older aircraft at the expense of renewing an A333 lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X