Minimising the Stress: BKK Taxis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    Kyo+! You've used them over your beloved death traps?

So, there's a severe lag time to getting an Über?
    I've used them twice heading towards the airport (one was a simple black Vios and the other a Camry), with no dramas, and once in a massive Friday night traffic jam for 7.2km, getting charged a grand total of 89 baht for a 53 minutes ride in a Honda Jazz.

I've had some success with Grab but their ETAs are hopeless because of BKK traffic in general. One guy listed as 3 mins away once took 21 minutes at Asok...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      I've used them twice heading towards the airport (one was a simple black Vios and the other a Camry), with no dramas, and once in a massive Friday night traffic jam for 7.2km, getting charged a grand total of 89 baht for a 53 minutes ride in a Honda Jazz.

I've had some success with Grab but their ETAs are hopeless because of BKK traffic in general. One guy listed as 3 mins away once took 21 minutes at Asok...
      FROM BKK to Sukhumvit, Über or AOT?
      HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        FROM BKK to Sukhumvit, Über or AOT?
        Just get AOT like the sane people do.

They had a 20% sale on for the return when booking the both on arrival a few weeks ago. I would think Uber and the like, as much as they will be choatic in Thailand as evidenced by Kyo's experience's, will be hurting AOT.

Comment

• If you would re-read my previous statement, the first line was in the Uber context and actually positive. Grab had an issue, but they were still only 3-4x cheaper than your beloved AOTs.

I'd be surprised if Uber did not decimate the entire AOT fleet before long. Good riddance to poor pricing, even if it's 20% off!

Comment

• Uber will undoubtedly affect AOT but if that means a cut in prices then I am all for it. If they threatened AOT's existence then bearing in mind who they are owned buy they'll find a way of 'hampering' the competition.

TiT, and you know how things work there.

Comment

Working...
            X