GARUDA announces New Business Class seats on all its A-330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GARUDA announces New Business Class seats on all its A-330

GA has just announced that all its A-330 will soon be equipped with the new BE angled lie flat C-class seats. Entertainment system will also be revamped as well. The installation will start early 2009 and it will take 1 year to complete the installation of all 6 aircrafts.

I found the picture of the new seats on Flickr.com :
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/chandra...47857466/meta/

It is unfortunate that GA do not go with the newest horizontal lie flat seats. But given this is GA, this move is a big improvement for them and I applaud them for doing so. I do love the colors of these new seats. I assume these seats will also be installed on its new 773ER when they start arriving in 2010 as well.

The latest update on June 16, 2009:

GA has decided to go with the horizontal flat bed instead. One A333 (PK-GPD) is now being refurbished with the same interior and products as the new A332 that GA has just received (photos on post # 32). AVOD IFE will also be installed.
    Last edited by UMD; 16 June 2009, 11:45 PM.

Finally!

To be honest though, I was hoping we will get one version of the fully flat beds out there on the new 77Ws when they arrive.
    For the A330s these are perfectly fine IMHO.

Thanks for posting the news UMD.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      Finally!

To be honest though, I was hoping we will get one version of the fully flat beds out there on the new 77Ws when they arrive.
      For the A330s these are perfectly fine IMHO.

Thanks for posting the news UMD.
      At least we will get this for PVG, SYD, MEL, BNE, NGO, KIX, NRT, ICN. These are the few places GA flies its A-330 to these days if I am not mistaken.

Let's hope they will get the fully flat version for the new 77W (Keep our fingers crossed - for when they do arrive).

Comment

Not to forget... SIN.

Yeah... hopefully the 77Ws will indeed arrive.

Comment

An interesting improvement from GA....I am just wondering how the current financial crisis will affect them. They were badly hit during the 1998 crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
            An interesting improvement from GA....I am just wondering how the current financial crisis will affect them. They were badly hit during the 1998 crisis.
            Maybe not that much from the load / pax revenue point of view since GA passengers mix is mostly local and regional.

After the crisis in 1998, GA actually turned around in 1999 with a better service and new uniform under the helm of Robby Djohan. I heard that GA is also planning to launch new uniform yet again soon. Because it is designed by Josephine Komara (Obin), batik and kebaya may still be the look but I expect it to be nicer just becaue it is Obin.

The current uniform was designed by Chossy Latul.

Comment

i hope they phase out all the b737-400,500 but not the 737-800 becus they are quite a new series of 737...and they should order more 747s,a330 and a380...

maybe they use 747s a330 and a380 for long range...maybe CGK to SIN to KUL to BANGKOK TO HKG to PVG....

anyone agree?

Comment

CGK/SIN is operated mainly by 733s except for the A333 a few times a week operating a PVG-SIN-CGK. Even a 747 might be too much capacity for GA but I'd sure like to see them here in SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                  CGK/SIN is operated mainly by 733s except for the A333 a few times a week operating a PVG-SIN-CGK. Even a 747 might be too much capacity for GA but I'd sure like to see them here in SIN.
                  i would love to see GA a380 doing ingural flight from CGK,SIN,HKG,PVG

Comment

The guy doesn't look to Comfortable and has his mouth firmly closed I imagine it reminds him too much of a dentist chair

niceguy

Comment

I hope the EU-wide ban of this airline will be lifted soon...
                      Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

It looks like JAL, KE and TG C/J shell flat seats.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                          GA has just announced that all its A-330 will soon be equipped with the new BE angled lie flat C-class seats. Entertainment system will also be revamped as well. The installation will start early 2009 and it will take 1 year to complete the installation of all 6 aircrafts.

I found the picture of the new seats on Flickr.com :
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/chandra...47857466/meta/

It is unfortunate that GA do not go with the newest horizontal lie flat seats. But given this is GA, this move is a big improvement for them and I applaud them for doing so. I do love the colors of these new seats. I assume these seats will also be installed on its new 773ER when they start arriving in 2010 as well.
                          Thanks for posting UMD. Looks like the ones MH has on their 747's and 772's...It's great to hear that GA has finally joining the fray to upgrade thier seats..

Comment

GA New Business Class on its A332

Click on this link to find pictures of GA new C class seats on its 3 new A332. As these are new ex-ntu HNA aircraft, the seats are similar to the ones used by HNA which are apparently horizontal lie flat with a pitch of 74 inches.

http://gerobakterbang.wordpress.com/category/artikel/

They look nice. I am not sure whether GA will keep the color or not. One thing for sure is that GA's new uniform will also be introduced soon along with the new product. GA will go with a Batik type uniform (possibly Kebaya) designed by the well respected Indonesian Batik designer, Obin of the Bin House.

Comment

I have an upcoming CGK-DPS-CGK trip this month. Hoping to get on the new aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                              X