MEL-SIN A$646 Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEL-SIN A$646 Return

Seems like Jetstar is providing SIA with some competition. The new special from SIA (sweet deal) is MEL-SIN A$646 Return.

Great special but 0 miles is a PITA. $422 extra to get the points.
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Let's see them offer a premium class special to take on Starclass' prices! I'll be trying SIN-MEL on Starclass in a month and half-dreading it (also half-excited, but that's another story)

SIN-BNE was also on special, but only good for non-mileage accruing plebs

Comment

My brother just flew SIN-MEL-SIN with Emirates.

He was on J first leg and Y on the return leg. Cost was approx SGD1,900. It included limo service both to airport in SIN and on arrival in MEL to his hotel (ie for the J leg).

I thought it was a pretty good deal since Emirates charged SGD1,400 for Y in Dec 10 (peak).

So perhaps some premium class specials may come our way?

Comment

Hey Kyo - StarClass is actually quite good for the money you pay.

I flew it SYD-HNL-SYD and had very low exepctations but I was very pleasantly suprised. Good servie and good food.

I think you'll be fine!

Let us know how it all goes.

Comment

Were going to melbourne in a couple of months and starclass is 2,600 for 2 adults and a baby, SQ do a Y flexi saver for 2,400 with mileage however if you want to be able to upgrade with miles its a flexi fair for 2,700.
            For comedy value SQ J is 11,400

Actually looking at starclass does not seem that bad, access to Quantas lounges for one.

Comment

If there's competition, it's time for SQ to get some decent aircraft onto the MEL flights then. I don't think I can face another flight in a fully booked 744 and more than once now I have booked expecting a better plane only to get a 744 substitution.

I know they may be dear to the hearts of a lot of Business travellers on here, but they are no fun back in Y when your tiny AVOD crashes every hour and has to reboot and the crew struggles with failing old equipment. My knees press against the elastic cord in the seat pocket cos of the cramped legroom.

I love flying SQ frequently to Europe, but the MEL leg is an endurance. I can't recommend them to friends and family any more because they could get a 744 and wonder why I praise SQ. The A380 flies out of MEL in the least useful timeslot. If we lose our 77W service as well, I think I might have to look for a new airline.

Comment

Totally agreed, apart from travelling in F, the J seats didn't do it for me down to MEL... if I paid 11.4k for J, I'd go for the newer product everytime. But never a bad word about 744 F. Fortunately I haven't had to longhaul in 744 Y since I can't even remember...

Comment

I take it all back I forgot to click on the return leg on Jetstar..
                  Total is 3600 for 2adults and an infant.

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post

Actually looking at starclass does not seem that bad, access to Quantas lounges for one.

The airline is called QANTAS
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      I love flying SQ frequently to Europe, but the MEL leg is an endurance. I can't recommend them to friends and family any more because they could get a 744 and wonder why I praise SQ. The A380 flies out of MEL in the least useful timeslot. If we lose our 77W service as well, I think I might have to look for a new airline.
                      The 77W is gone on the 1st April!

Comment

From 1st Apr onwards, SQ217/218 will be retrofitted 773!

Comment

Is Layout 1 on their seatmap the retrofitted 773?

I had a look at my seat selection which was done at booking for the original 77W and it retained the same seat number, looks the same as the layout 1 of the 773

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            I'll be trying SIN-MEL on Starclass in a month and half-dreading it (also half-excited, but that's another story)
                            Do hope to see a report with a few pics from you, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              If there's competition, it's time for SQ to get some decent aircraft onto the MEL flights then. I don't think I can face another flight in a fully booked 744 and more than once now I have booked expecting a better plane only to get a 744 substitution.

I know they may be dear to the hearts of a lot of Business travellers on here, but they are no fun back in Y when your tiny AVOD crashes every hour and has to reboot and the crew struggles with failing old equipment. My knees press against the elastic cord in the seat pocket cos of the cramped legroom.

With a bit of luck we will get a second A380 flying into MEL before the end of the year, a very knowledgeable bm on here seems to think it is a very high possibilty, he never seems to be far wrong.

SQ238.

Comment

Working...
                              X