Will BA & QF return to KUL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will BA & QF return to KUL?

I was wondering, given the good loads on most of MH's flights to LHR and SYD, will BA and OF rejoin the market?

IIRC BA pulled out of KUL in 2001 but I'm not sure about QF. Given the good Malaysian economy and popularity in the tourism industry, can't they sustain loads to KUL? They seem to have focused on SIN and BKK but completely forgotten about KUL.

unlikely BA n QF will return to KUL for sometime as KLIA istill not a significant enough hub. MH's morning flight to LHR is still not full most of the time.

Comment

I read an article from 2006/7 (I think?) which said that BA were looking at returning to KUL, but that they would only do this if they could be sure about the long term prospects of flying from here. But of course then the downturn hit so they haven't persued this any further yet.

I also heard others saying (on this forum I believe) that one of the reasons BA pulled out was because they could not compete on price with MH who use to price dump at the time.

But I believe that this would be a good option for BA to return, perhaps with their 787's in the future. There are not really many options for OW customers from here to the UK/Europe, as if you fly via SIN or BKK onto BA/QF then you hit both the traffic from these popular cities and the kangaroo traffic. And other OW hubs such as HKG and ICN, NRT are too far in the wrong direction to be viable.

Comment

Working...
      X