No announcement yet.

SilkAir Boeing 737 Max Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that I think about it, I wonder if MI is holding off on seat installation on the 737s stuck in Boeing's facilities, for the new flatbeds and economy IFE.

So I guess even if they can resume deliveries of the 737 Max, they may have to wait longer for these?
    an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Boeing were producing the aircraft at the same rate till july. In july, they dropped the production rate from 52 to 42 and further cut to 36 is in place from september onwards.

If the aircraft isn't recertified by october, we can except delays to the 737 FLAT-BED introduction to SQ. The current plan was to receive these aircraft in 2Q 2020 and introduce in July'20.

The other option is of course to convert the 6 aircraft that are in the ground now.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        They can be ferried without passengers.
        Don't think so. Remember a Norwegian 737Max that was turned away from German airspace on a ferry flight.

https://www.aerotime.aero/clement.ch...ands-in-france

It really depends on the aviation authorities of the route the flight is flying over. Don't see the reason why MI would be flying them overseas though. Even though the planes are not flying, there are periodic maintenance that needs to be done and I am pretty sure Boeing would be picking up the tab for the parking charges.

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
          Don't think so. Remember a Norwegian 737Max that was turned away from German airspace on a ferry flight.

https://www.aerotime.aero/clement.ch...ands-in-france

It really depends on the aviation authorities of the route the flight is flying over. Don't see the reason why MI would be flying them overseas though. Even though the planes are not flying, there are periodic maintenance that needs to be done and I am pretty sure Boeing would be picking up the tab for the parking charges.
          See this: https://aviation.stackexchange.com/q...chnically-mean

The humidity in SIN is bad if you need to store a plane long term due to accelerated corrosion and other deteriorating effects. Somewhere dry like Alice Springs is a much better place.

I don't think Boeing will be paying for it directly though, MI probably has to pay upfront and get reimbursed from Boeing/the insurer later. Storing in Alice Springs, if necessary, is a better way to keep their costs down.

Originally posted by nocturne View Post

The other option is of course to convert the 6 aircraft that are in the ground now.
          Not impossible, and in fact probably a good time to expedite the retrofit since they're stuck in SIN and SIAEC has to look at them anyway.

I was referring to -MBG and onward that are still stuck in Boeing facilities.
          Last edited by yuuka_miya; 21 August 2019, 11:42 AM.
          an infrastructure geek

Comment

• They can be flown using a special ferry permit. Southwest did that when they sent the jets to Victorville. Of course, that was within the states. Not sure how things are gonna work out when it comes to overflying other countries airspace.

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
              See this: https://aviation.stackexchange.com/q...chnically-mean

The humidity in SIN is bad if you need to store a plane long term due to accelerated corrosion and other deteriorating effects. Somewhere dry like Alice Springs is a much better place.

I don't think Boeing will be paying for it directly though, MI probably has to pay upfront and get reimbursed from Boeing/the insurer later. Storing in Alice Springs, if necessary, is a better way to keep their costs down.

Not impossible, and in fact probably a good time to expedite the retrofit since they're stuck in SIN and SIAEC has to look at them anyway.

I was referring to -MBG and onward that are still stuck in Boeing facilities.
              Seems you guys are right. Word from the grapevine is MI's B737 Maxes would be stored in Alice Spring. These jets are now being brought to flightworthy status for the flights. Seems Boeing pilots would be flying these jets. There's more to it than meets the eyes.

Comment

• Drove pass the Maxs today along the highway and saw that the red engine protective covers have been removed.
                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooter001 View Post
                  They can be flown using a special ferry permit. Southwest did that when they sent the jets to Victorville. Of course, that was within the states. Not sure how things are gonna work out when it comes to overflying other countries airspace.
                  I wonder whether this is possible with additional restrictions imposed on the ferry flight.

For example, Indonesia can prohibit B737 Max 8 from MI to fly over any dry land unless in emergency, which will reduce the risk for crashing into settlements.

Also you can prohibit MCAS to be turn on and put the flight on manual control during the whole flight.

I understand many members will object this because of fatigue from pilots, but since this is only a one off flight, I don't think it is an huge issue.

Comment

• Saw a SilkAir 737 MAX being towed across T3 earlier this afternoon. Perhaps they took it out for a little walk
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                      I wonder whether this is possible with additional restrictions imposed on the ferry flight.

For example, Indonesia can prohibit B737 Max 8 from MI to fly over any dry land unless in emergency, which will reduce the risk for crashing into settlements.

Also you can prohibit MCAS to be turn on and put the flight on manual control during the whole flight.

I understand many members will object this because of fatigue from pilots, but since this is only a one off flight, I don't think it is an huge issue.
                      I'm guessing this flight will not be performed by regular line pilots. Boeing might have to supply the tech crew to perform these flights. I've also read from an article put up by mainly miles that the flights could be undertaken at fl 200 with the flaps put down to inhibit mcas.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                        Saw a SilkAir 737 MAX being towed across T3 earlier this afternoon. Perhaps they took it out for a little walk
                        They do need regular walks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                          MCAS is disabled with the autopilot on, not off. So in fact flying with the autopilot prevents it activating, as does any flap extension. That's why these ferry flights are flown autopilot on, flaps 1, 20,000ft max (the maximum altitude permitted with the flaps extended).

Comment

• Looks like Boeing is getting ready to bring the MAX back in service:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...-idUSKCN1VY1NV
                            an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Drove past the 6 Maxs’ today. All are still here. Though, MBF did not have its engine covers on. Might it be preparing for its flight to Alice Springs.

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                                Looks like Boeing is getting ready to bring the MAX back in service:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...-idUSKCN1VY1NV
                                It'll be a while, as I believe the majority of aviation authorities globally are/will do their own testings before releasing the planes back into service, including EASA and so forth.

And, Boeing has been saying this for a long time.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X