Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Elite Upgrade

Hi,

I received an email today notifying that I got upgraded to Krisflyer Silver, but I'm not 100% sure why because I did not accrue the 25,000 elite miles required (I accrued about 17,000 elite miles).

I am wondering whether this was random because my family members (who have been on the same flights as me and therefore accrued the same number of elite miles) have not been upgraded.

Further, when I log in, it says that my silver status expires on 31 January 2015 (even though I got upgraded). Doesn't the status generally last one year?

Thanks.

I have a friend who got the same e-mail. She lost Silver some time back and did not fly: SQ sent some love and the silver card her way...

Nice gesture

Comment

It's SQ's way of showing you some love! Sending you a card with hardly any benefits to make you feel special in hopes of getting some of your business - genius!

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
        It's SQ's way of showing you some love! Sending you a card with hardly any benefits to make you feel special in hopes of getting some of your business - genius!
        Well, I'm waiting to be woo-ed. HAHA!

Comment

They want you to get 25% bonus miles!
          And you know there's only one way to get that ^^

Comment

I'm 3,500 miles away from KF*S this year, and I'm honestly not sure if I should dump one flight in there and keep crediting the rest to OZ. If they were to soft-land me to *S anyway, maybe I'd consider a few more flights with them in the year ahead

Comment

I've heard of people being upgraded to Elite Silver after taking slightly longer than a year (a month or so extra I think) to accrue 25k miles, but I've never heard of them upgrading a member before they reach the threshold.

I have about 20k elite miles right now and an LHR-SIN-LHR itinerary pencilled in for a couple of months after my membership year is up, so I wonder if they'll extend the same courtesy...
              Last edited by yangyongjun; 28 March 2014, 05:17 AM.

Comment

There are some strange calculations happening for certain. I got upgraded to Silver which made sense as I'd flown two MEL-Europe returns within 8 months. I then assumed my next hurdle to Gold would take about that again but with only 4 months left to reach it. I flew one way MEL-ZRH and suddenly became Gold. Considering I got it from self-funded flights in Y with total loyalty to SQ, I'm not going to complain though!

Comment

Working...
                X