Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you nest/stop over a SIN, FRA, JFK in FRA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you nest/stop over a SIN, FRA, JFK in FRA?

I was looking at redeeming some Krisflyer miles and thought 107,500 miles for Suites to London would be a nice treat. Then I saw that for 110k I could travel to JFK. I wondered if I could stopover in FRA, effectively nesting the ticket for a few months, and then fly on to JFK?

What I am trying to do is have two holidays. SQ can bring me back from Singapore and then later in the year I would like to visit the US. I can use the next leg of the ticket to take me to JFK. I would in effect be getting the transatlantic leg for just 2.5k.

Interesting idea, VC10 Boy. As long as a ticket is valid (maximum one year), I guess it's possible. SQ's website doesn't mention max stopover period. Note on Saver restrictions on stopovers though.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/pp...iles_moreinfo/

Comment

Well that puts paid to that brilliant idea then

Thank you CarbonMan

Comment

The dream is not over yet: SQ has an unpublished benefit that allows to put a stop-over into a one-way saver booking for 100 USD 'penalty'. Introduced to allow upgrades with stop-overs, the agents are applying this to outright redemptions as well. This was silently introduced a year back or so and has increased flexibility with saver awards a little bit.

Comment

And remember no online discount for such a booking, whereas for most straightforward bookings they have been happy to reflect online discount even when booked over the phone for one reason or the other.

You can even do SYD-SIN-FRA-JFK for 137.5k miles, meaning that you're getting SYD-SIN and FRA-JFK for a total of 30k plus tax.

But agree that the FRA-JFK tag-on is bafflingly cheap. Makes me wonder whether it was in fact an error. The miles differential in J is actually bigger, at 5k (which is still very cheap).

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
            And remember no online discount for such a booking, whereas for most straightforward bookings they have been happy to reflect online discount even when booked over the phone for one reason or the other.

You can even do SYD-SIN-FRA-JFK for 137.5k miles, meaning that you're getting SYD-SIN and FRA-JFK for a total of 30k plus tax.

But agree that the FRA-JFK tag-on is bafflingly cheap. Makes me wonder whether it was in fact an error. The miles differential in J is actually bigger, at 5k (which is still very cheap).
            Doing a one-way SYD-SIN//SIN-FRA//FRA-JFK with two stopovers, will SQ allow that with a 200usd penalty?

I'm guessing not

Comment

I haven't tried it, but I'd guess not possible...

Would be mighty handy if it was, though!

Comment

Working...
              X