• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to buy my 2-month old LX3 so that I can buy the LX5

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Anyone want to buy my 2-month old LX3 so that I can buy the LX5
      I immediately thought about your recent purchase when I saw 9V-SIA's update. Then I had to make myself promise not to look at potential UK prices.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

the upgrades in LX5 isn't too big a deal i find..i think they raised the bar too high with their LX3..LX3 is still a keeper!!

Comment

Scanning thru the specs of the LX5. Shame that it doesn't seem to have GPS location tagging?

Comment

ixus 300HS is great camera.

Comment

Does anyone have experience with Canon PowerShoot G-11???
              Need some user's review here...
              For low light shoots???
              Macro shoots??
              Outdoor shoots??

Thanks guys...

Comment

In Digital Life / Straits Times pull-put on Wednesday, the LX-5 is priced at $799 for mid-September.

Just in time to miss my PVG trip. Was hunting high and low yesterday to see/buy it at the Comex IT fair at Suntec but to no avail...

The G11 will be inferior, I'm sure. Many shortcomings also on most photography websites, especially when ISO is increased.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  In Digital Life / Straits Times pull-put on Wednesday, the LX-5 is priced at $799 for mid-September.

Just in time to miss my PVG trip. Was hunting high and low yesterday to see/buy it at the Comex IT fair at Suntec but to no avail...

The G11 will be inferior, I'm sure. Many shortcomings also on most photography websites, especially when ISO is increased.
                  Official launch for LX5 is 14 Sep 2010 for SG

Edit: Type wrong date!
                  Last edited by bumblebee; 3 September 2010, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

They've already had LX-5 here in HKG for HKD4560 (or HKD4590??) when I checked it at Fortress 2 days ago ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                      They've already had LX-5 here in HKG for HKD4560 (or HKD4590??) when I checked it at Fortress 2 days ago ...
                      Played with LX5 today.

Costs SIN$690

Comment

Here's an update on the price in the sg market
                        MS - $680 w 8gb + case
                        TK - $680 W 8GB + case
                        Parisilk - $690 w 8gb + case
                        Lucky Store - $680 w 8gb + case or $699 with 16gb + case
                        AP - $680 w 8gb + case.

Comment

updated price: HKD4390 for LX5 + case + tripod + SD 8GB + Mini card reader + HKD50 Watson cash voucher...
                          Got the white one for my toy now...

Look like LX5's price in SIN is cheaper than HKG...

Comment

I quite fancy a Sony WX-5, any one have any thoughts on that?

Comment

9V-JKL and 9V-SIA, how do you find shooting with the LX 3 with the aperture wide open? How was the depth of field?

Been looking at 9V-SIA's food pictures, the whole plate seems to be totally in focus. What aperture were you using on the planes/restaurants? (GF1's pictures with aperture wide open would have bits out of focus.)

Very tempted with the LX5.

Comment

I find it an ab fab camera for low light especially with an F2 lens. If I hadn't gotten the LX3, I will buy the LX5 immediately.

I'll post a food picture from a darken aircraft cabin later today

Comment

Working...
                                X