No announcement yet.

Shanghai Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A short post from the Westin Bund - if it ever gets posted cos the in-room wifi keeps dropping!

Hotel decor and overall maintenance is decidedly more dated and worn since my last visit 2 years ago.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Do you think it's worth trying out another PVG property?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Thanks for the heads up. Do you think it's worth trying out another PVG property?
        Given that your's is a one-off visit(?), I'd go for the LM for it's better view.

Comment

I'm already at the LM two nights in a row and feel a need to mattress hop. Thanks for the review - I've gone on the defensive and instead booked a night at the Hilton, but the advice and photos were much appreciated

Comment

milehighj, have you checked out the Hyatt on the Bund? Curious to know your thoughts.
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              A short post from the Westin Bund - if it ever gets posted cos the in-room wifi keeps dropping!

Hotel decor and overall maintenance is decidedly more dated and worn since my last visit 2 years ago.
              More evidence for the theory of some (with which I agree) that in China, hotels are not well maintained so one should always go for something new.

In SHA, the LM and the S-L (tower 2) were pretty new when I stayed there a few years ago but their condition now ? I don't know...

Comment

Shanghai's Waldorf Astoria opens 2 days after I leave!

Would have definitely used one of my Hilton free nights from earlier this year there. It looks beautifully restored.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  I'm already at the LM two nights in a row and feel a need to mattress hop. Thanks for the review - I've gone on the defensive and instead booked a night at the Hilton, but the advice and photos were much appreciated
                  If you're going outside SPG, I'd go for a nite at the Park Hyatt...

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  milehighj, have you checked out the Hyatt on the Bund? Curious to know your thoughts.
                  Never had a chance so far. Might do the next stay given my Westin experience, and the slight shifting of allegiance to Hyatt.

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  More evidence for the theory of some (with which I agree) that in China, hotels are not well maintained so one should always go for something new.

In SHA, the LM and the S-L (tower 2) were pretty new when I stayed there a few years ago but their condition now ? I don't know...
                  I would subscribe to that theory... And now await Kyo+'s LM TR as the next data point...

Comment

I'm switching from an Imperial to a Residential... so if you were hoping for a review on that one, please scale down your expectations a little

Nevertheless, I will still inquire if they can allow us use of the Imperial upon check-in.

My backup isn't Hyatt, despite the temptation... would like to hit HH Diamond and still perfectly on track if all goes well. If only some people could do CGK in Sept... I might have considered a chain outside of SPG-Hilton

Comment

last few times I have been staying at http://www.regalhotel.com/Regal-Inte...ION/room4.aspx its quite nice, massive gym as its part of the tennis center. Bit cr*p on the points front though...

http://www.regalhotel.com/Regal-Hote...-Partners.aspx

Comment

For business, good choices are Westin Bund ( good value, great breakfast, comfortable room ) and for nicer room ( but pay a bit more ), the Shangri-la Tower Wing. The LRM is nice, but I find the hotel rather quirky and not particularly good value for the price.

If want to choose a luxury property ( and nevermind the $$$ ), then it's definitely the new Peninsula, bar None.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post

Did you stay at the new tower wing? There's two wings in the hotel, the tower rooms are newer and nicer and price is only slightly higher.

Comment

Just back from Shanghai.
                            The Peasants Suite (aka Grand Deluxe Bund View) at Le Royal Meridien was just fine. Though hotel is now 5 years old, still looks good, this is a well maintained property.
                            Service was great all round.
                            Great Chinese restaurant with a very unusual fish tank.
                            As described by others, the lifts are a little confusing initially, but not a big issue.
                            Location is good being on Nanjing Road, though the touts are a pain.

Also visited the Hyatt on the Bund.
                            Great Chinese retaurant there too, and a fantastic rooftop bar "Vue".
                            The views are stupendous.
                            Have some pix if anyone interested....
                            F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                              Just back from Shanghai.
                              The Peasants Suite (aka Grand Deluxe Bund View) at Le Royal Meridien was just fine. Though hotel is now 5 years old, still looks good, this is a well maintained property.
                              Service was great all round.
                              Great Chinese restaurant with a very unusual fish tank.
                              As described by others, the lifts are a little confusing initially, but not a big issue.
                              Location is good being on Nanjing Road, though the touts are a pain.

Comparing the two, did you like one over the other?
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                                Just back from Shanghai.
                                Wouldn't mind seeing some pictures

Comment

Working...
                                X