SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    How about SRO, SQM and SQN? Are these being refurbished?
    Only SQK (now dead and written off) SQM SQN SRM were refurbished.
    Still waiting for SQL to return to service to see if it’ll be refurbished too

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
      Since you indicated it's out for a month, I think it could be the next one to get the 77W hand-me-downs (2006 Y-class seats). SRO may possibly be next (we don't know for sure) after SWI finishes its retrofit.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        Since you indicated it's out for a month, I think it could be the next one to get the 77W hand-me-downs (2006 Y-class seats). SRO may possibly be next (we don't know for sure) after SWI finishes its retrofit.
        Yeah if SQL and SRO onwards get it too, means they’ll stay another few years...they’re now 15 years old. So....until 18/19 years old? Wow.

Comment

they’re now 15 years old. So....until 18/19 years old? Wow.
          By other airline standards that isn't bad!

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
            By other airline standards that isn't bad!

Well, SQ is the leading in industry. We are not talking the "average".

Anyway, I was on SRP last Friday on SQ986. Quite disappointed. It was still very old seat. The seat is actually ok. But the IFE is really terrible. Anyway, even the Safety Video was still the old one. Is this aircraft going for refurbishing soon and they do not even bother to load the new Safety Video?
            visit my blog

Comment

Well, SQ is the leading in industry. We are not talking the "average".

Anyway, I was on SRP last Friday on SQ986. Quite disappointed. It was still very old seat. The seat is actually ok. But the IFE is really terrible. Anyway, even the Safety Video was still the old one. Is this aircraft going for refurbishing soon and they do not even bother to load the new Safety Video?
              Yup that very same SRP that i took. SQ951, 3 Nov and SQ968, 5 Nov.

Unacceptable condition, and needs retiring immediately. Wants to play tetris but loading took forever, and passenger announcement caused it to hang for 1 min plus. Not a “constant/seamless” product to the one which took me to HK, considering that it is a connecting flight.

Seat is, well, still okay. In fact i prefer this seat over the newer one.

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
                Yup that very same SRP that i took. SQ951, 3 Nov and SQ968, 5 Nov.

Unacceptable condition, and needs retiring immediately. Wants to play tetris but loading took forever, and passenger announcement caused it to hang for 1 min plus. Not a “constant/seamless” product to the one which took me to HK, considering that it is a connecting flight.

Seat is, well, still okay. In fact i prefer this seat over the newer one.
                Actually, I also agree with this. The seat is better than the newer one with the exception of annoying recline button location.

IFE is totally unacceptable. Anyway SQ968 will return as SQ951 in the next morning.
                visit my blog

Comment

Anyway SQ968 will return as SQ951 in the next morning.
                  Yes... SQ968/951 are the only 772 flights to CGK vv. However CGK still has a high chance of getting the older IFE product, since SQ also operates 5 daily 773 services to CGK.

Comment

• Well I do not mind SRM, but SRP was a nightmare.

On the old seat I love the button to expel the air from inside the seat which is hidden underneath the new cover.

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
                      Well I do not mind SRM, but SRP was a nightmare.

On the old seat I love the button to expel the air from inside the seat which is hidden underneath the new cover.
                      I guess you are referring to this button...

These were quite a novelty when the planes were first introduced, but to be frank I could never get these to work properly even when the planes were new...I could never really tell if the cushion was inflated or deflated, and any difference in comfort was hard to detect. In fact, it often felt a little like a hard bar under the seat, so I am glad they dropped this feature.

Yes, they are still there, under the new upholstery of the Y seats on these old planes...

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                        In fact, it often felt a little like a hard bar under the seat, so I am glad they dropped this feature.

Yes, they are still there, under the new upholstery of the Y seats on these old planes...

It still feels like sitting on a park bench only now it's wrapped in that coarse Givenchy shop awning

Comment

According to mainlymiles, SQL has been retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                            According to mainlymiles, SQL has been retired.
                            It may well be so, but then there would have been a change of plan since the annual briefing. One of the 772 SQ/SR series was meant to leave before end of March next year and we've already seen SQJ go a few months ago. Five of the SV series 772ER are meant to be going- it's hard to know which ones they are, as it depends on whether the one being leased to NZ is considered to have left the fleet or not, for example. SVJ, SVM & SVN are still all in service, often covering certain SQ/SR flights due to an apparent shortage of regional 772s, which makes one wonder why SQL would be removed.

Comment

• Nah we have seen this scenario before with SVE... went out of service for 3 months, came back for a week, then went out again for a few weeks... and came back with the refurbished interior.
                              I suspect instead that SQL will come back with the newer stuff too. No more SQ/SR 772s due for retirement after SQJ. And nothing has changed to suggest they may have had to alter financial asset plans for the year (unlike last year when we lost a 772 unexpectedly when SQK got burnt)

Comment

• Based on the latest financial results slide, SQ have predicted that they will operate 119 aircraft by 31/3/2019. Previous update in May 2018 indicate that there will be 117 aircraft by 31/3/19. So 2 more 777 will stay? From 1/10/18 to 31/3/19, only 2 A330 n one 777-200ER will leave the fleet.

SQL last flow on 10/10. So guess it is just undergoing maintainance?
                                Last edited by sbs2716g; 15 November 2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X