*A award routing question - SYD-Canada-Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *A award routing question - SYD-Canada-Europe

I am looking to redeem a *A award in J class. Not sure what's the most efficient way to go to these 3 cities:
    YVR, YYZ, CDG (or "nearby" European hub/city). No preference to the routing order of these 3 cities.

The trip will begin and end in SYD.

I called KF and they said I can do SYD-YVR-CDG-SIN-SYD in J for 150k KF miles and then I need to redeem a separate YVR-YYZ-YVR (for 25k on Y). Total 175k.

For the CDG-SIN leg, I wonder what airline they can put me on as SQ have the new Biz seats on that leg... would it be possible to do CDG-transfer in FRA-SIN?

For those who have more experience in routing... is there a better way to use my KF miles to get to my 3 cities? I do not mind routing through less-direct routes as long as I travel in J on airlines that have good J products (e.g. AC, NZ, SQ).

Thanks and happy new year!
    Last edited by pc2008; 1 January 2009, 10:28 AM.

Originally posted by pc2008 View Post

I called KF and they said I can do SYD-YVR-CDG-SIN-SYD in J for 150k KF miles and then I need to redeem a separate YVR-YYZ-YVR (for 25k on Y). Total 175k.
    hmmm... it looks like a RTW route for me...
    A *A RTW will cost you 240k in J.... but your route only 150K????
    for *A RTW, you can have 7 stopover... you can have SYD-YVR-YYZ-CDG-FRA-SIN-SYD, all with stopover option in each cities ..... or you can maximized your route with 15 segments and 7 stopover cities.

Comment

The routing is literally RTW, but the CSR was very sure (and to my surprise) that SYD-YVR (stopover)-CDG (destination), and then coming home via SIN is only 150K on J.

Yes... doing a RTW *A J award will surely cover all my stops, but it costs more points (240K vs 175K for the 150K + 25K method).

if I can do:
      SYD-YVR (stopover) - YYZ (stopover) - CDG (destination) and then return home whichever way possible.

then I was wondering if this can be treated as a Europe award (150K) + 10k for the additional stopover = 160k total.

Comment

I just called KF and they can do:
        SYD-YVR (stopover) - YYZ (stopover) - CDG (destination) - FRA (transit) - SIN (stopover) - SYD

on J for 150K + 20K (2 additional stopovers) = 170K pretty good value.

The only problem now is that there are no J seats for the SYD-YVR leg on the dates I wanted, so I will have to book in Y for that segment.

Not sure if AC will release more J seats closer to the date. I wonder if I can request an upgrade at the airport if there are empty seats in J.

Comment

Working...
        X