Yvr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yvr

Just want to report that J777 enjoys his stay in Vancouver. Sunday, we met for lunch at Nor Boo, a Korean restaurant in Robson Street. Great food, and we were stuffed. Then, we took a walk along the Seawall of Stanley Park. I told him it would take about an hour, but in fact ... two hours. So for the August visitors, you were all should be greatful taking the car ride instead...
    Monday, we had dim sum at Sun Sui Wah on Main Street. I am glad it got a nod from J777. Then we went up to Grouse Mountain till sundown. Very cold. Minus something. But compare to Calgary where J777 is heading, today's weather is nothing.

so when's mr J777 joining us? or is he busy enjoying himself

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
      so when's mr J777 joining us? or is he busy enjoying himself
      Yup, probably too busy enjoying his Canadian vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
        Yup, probably too busy enjoying his Canadian vacation.
        Lucky him...... I need a vacation too

Comment

I bet J777 is having fun galavanting the canadian frontiers...

Comment

Hey, I needed this vacation....work is killing me slowly back home.

Anyway, just parted with CGK and now posting from the Public Library in Vancouver. Had Thai food this afternoon at a restaurant near CGK's place...got a five star spicy pad thai...yum... Later took a ride to Horseshoe Bay before returning to downtown.

Comment

enjoy while it last J777....

when will u be back?

Comment

Originally posted by ws8n View Post
                enjoy while it last J777....

when will u be back?
                Arriving back in SIN on 14th Nov late night at 2330hrs.

Comment

So sad that I'll be moving out of YVR (and LAX) to YYZ by Feb next year. It was a tough descision but we needed to financially for the sake of the company. Looks like getting a flight on the Golden Bird will be much more difficult.
                  My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                    So sad that I'll be moving out of YVR (and LAX) to YYZ by Feb next year. It was a tough descision but we needed to financially for the sake of the company. Looks like getting a flight on the Golden Bird will be much more difficult.
                    But don't the AC-SQ codeshares earn PPS sectors? More sectors for you since you have to connect.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK
                      Then we went up to Grouse Mountain till sundown.
                      Grouse Grind as well?
                      Originally posted by CGK
                      Very cold. Minus something.
                      Lucky you still can enjoy balmy weather in YVR. I'm relocating back to Toronto Feb where if wind chill dominates, you'll get -25C.

Comment

Well, YYZ-JFK-SIN or YYZ-LAX-SIN should be great in F... And yes YYZ-YVR-SIN is not that bad...

Comment

Grouse Grind as well?
                          No, we did not do it. An old gentleman did th egrind for 90 minutes... and two middle age men did it in more than three hours, and they were discussing about how they got lost or took different route.

Comment

Got text message from J777 in Calgary:

It is now snowing and -11 degrees... Yup its really burr cold... Off to Banff tomorrow.

It is wet and raining here in Vancouver... Have a great trip into the wilderness...

Comment

Rain rain rain is something I won't miss in my YVR exodus. Though I might be begging for it when I start dealing with Mr. Snowman in YYZ.

BTW was the choice for the Main St. Sun Sui Wah had anything to do with J777's hotel location? I've always prefered the Richmond Sun Suih Wah (No. 3 Rd & Alderbridge) which IMO is better than the Main St. location.

Comment

Working...
                              X