SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > General > SQTalk Community

Old 10th December 2006, 09:25 PM   #31
jhm
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGK View Post
A new couple in the making?
Have a great brunch! Here I am in SFO airport hotel waiting for my flight early am tomorrow to take me back to CDG!
I'm afraid not - no availability to fly AJ.

Have a good flight! Brunch was good fun with SQfg and the rest of the girls!
jhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 09:35 PM   #32
SQflyergirl
SQTalk Founder

Programs: Kali inilah!

The girls and I had great fun with JHM and JJpb3 - and they send their best regards.

thanks for the great recommendation!
SQflyergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 10:56 PM   #33
jjpb3
SQTalk Founder

That was a good brunch, eh? jhm was so good at putting us on the waitlist (30-minute wait at 11 am ), and then running in when another group was going to be seated ahead of us just as the girls swung by in their car.

to SQfg for getting me lots of SQ stuff: the brochure about the new classes; menus from all 3 classes (don't worry, I'll post them soon); and the new eye-masks. But unfortunately, RIP, Raffles-logo'd masks.

Tidbits I learned:
  • The way to enjoy the new J is to treat the seat as a couch: put it into bed mode as soon as you're able to, then spread your stuff (and yourself) all over the seat during the rest of the flight
  • Putting the inaugural flights on the SIN-CDG route was probably an effective way to boost load factors on that route: very few seats available in Y or C on the flight SQfg took
  • Champagne and tequila are medicinal (Sarah West testifies to this)
  • MovieMan, among his many talents, can whistle the entire safety video melody! (Note to self: ask for demonstration at the next SQT Do which MovieMan attends)

SQfg: have a great flight back to Asia!

Last edited by jjpb3; 11th December 2006 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: formatting
jjpb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 10:59 PM   #34
shortfinals
SQTalk Retiree

Programs: MPH Magazines Priviledge 20% off

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpb3 View Post
Tidbits I learned:
  • The way to enjoy the new J is to treat the seat as a couch: put it into bed mode as soon as you're able to, then spread your stuff (and yourself) all over the seat during the rest of the flight
  • Putting the inaugural flights on the SIN-CDG route was probably an effective way to boost load factors on that route: very few seats available in Y or C on the flight SQfg took
  • Champagne and tequila are medicinal (Sarah_West testifies to this)
  • MovieMan, among his many talents, can whistle the entire safety video melody! (Note to self: ask for demonstration at the next SQT Do which MovieMan attends)
Rather productive then? I must get around to attending one of these LON-SIN do's one day!
shortfinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 11:41 PM   #35
MovieMan
SQTalk Founder

Programs: SQ PPS no longer :(, DL Gold Medallion

Quote:
MovieMan, among his many talents, can whistle the entire safety video melody! (Note to self: ask for demonstration at the next SQT Do which MovieMan attends)
Wow, that is a new one to me! Must have taken quite a few caipirinhas to "inspire" me to do that.

Come to think of it, the closest I have come to that had to be when whistling in harmony with SQfg, who actually possesses this talent...
MovieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 09:52 AM   #36
SQflyergirl
SQTalk Founder

Programs: Kali inilah!

Quote:
That was a good brunch, eh? jhm was so good at putting us on the waitlist (30-minute wait at 11 am )
Traffic was murder. Also, Jenny does like to take her time to look her best
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpb3
  • Champagne and tequila are medicinal (Sarah West testifies to this)
Apparently so in copious quantities. Which probably explains why i'm so ill all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpb3

SQfg: have a great flight back to Asia!
I may not have time to enjoy the flight, seeing I'll be taking care of sleeping beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMan View Post
Come to think of it, the closest I have come to that had to be when whistling in harmony with SQfg, who actually possesses this talent...
Rubbish. The cheeky gits in 15H and K were whistling it. I can't whistle to save my life I'm shy naive and innocent, and really, behave myself on flights
SQflyergirl is offline   Reply With Quote