No announcement yet.

What travel apps do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using CamScanner lately and have found it invaluable -- receipts, menus, nice low-res shots for pics you want to post... And you can upload them all to DropBox or a variety of cloud storage.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Flight+
      XE
      ITA search
      WhatsApp
      QFF app
      Candy crush saga
      I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Anyone here use TripIt Pro? I'm particularly interested in the useability/value of their points tracker function. As I get older I find I'm less inclined to track all the minutae particularly of my secondary FFPs/HotelPs.

Comment

I use Traxo, hate TripIt, tried it twice and still using it, they often offer free Pro trials.

Comment

So are you happy with Traxo?

Comment

To be entirely honest, the last time I checked, it didn't sync with my BA password automatically when they changed from the PIN system. That was two months ago, because I don't have the need to check it as much.

*Update: BA works perfectly now. I have exactly 1 Avios. *

Configured correctly, I find that Traxo accommodates for double-entry itineraries far better than TripIt (Normal). It also doesn't flood my inbox like TripIt does. In fact I just delete the TripIt messages. Heck, I'm going to unsubscribe now.

Disclaimer: I'm more familiar with their website than I am with their mobile app. Just moved it to my home screen to have more of a play with it before forming an opinion. Seems okay so far, points are all on one screen.
              Last edited by Kyo; 8 October 2013, 10:44 AM. Reason: Updated

Comment

As my company is using Carlson Wagonlit as our corporate travel agent, I've been using CWT To Go. It's updated automatically because the linkage but one can also update it manually. Not sure though whether one needs to be a registered member on CWT to use it.

It's able to come up with alternate flights, warnings on flight delays, weather forecasts, currency exchange rates, and even a tip calculator.

Comment

Just got MyScript Calculator. Very cool!
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    Just got MyScript Calculator. Very cool!
                    A ex-cook/chef (have to be careful here) with a bent in Maths (or is it vice versa)?!? What else are you into?

Comment

EF (paid) and Flightaware (free version). Also have PP membership.

I have DL and SPG apps for both ipad and iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                        A ex-cook/chef (have to be careful here) with a bent in Maths (or is it vice versa)?!? What else are you into?
                        It helps every time I add 2+2 in my head and get 7.

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
                        EF (paid)...
                        You mean the Seat Alerts app? When you put EF, I thought I missed something in the App Store.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          I've been using CamScanner lately and have found it invaluable -- receipts, menus, nice low-res shots for pics you want to post... And you can upload them all to DropBox or a variety of cloud storage.
                          Camscanner is great, their other app "Camcard" is also great for storing business cards, the text reader does a reasonable job of converting the card details into a contact.

Comment

Quite a good list of apps from CNN

CNN has a very good comprehensive coverage on travel on their website. They also have an excellent list of travel apps that some of us would probably get some kick out of them.

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/p...raveler-373984

Comment

Just stumbled on the "My TSA" app at Apple Store; it lets you know how long the US's TSA expected wait is at the queue, at most major airports for departure.

There's also a website whatsbusy.com that also lets you check the expected queue at certain times of the day, now and in the future.

Haven't used either so I can't verify if they are accurate.

Anyone knows if there are equivalent arrival apps for Immigration queues in the US or UK?

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                                Just stumbled on the "My TSA" app at Apple Store; it lets you know how long the US's TSA expected wait is at the queue, at most major airports for departure.

There's also a website whatsbusy.com that also lets you check the expected queue at certain times of the day, now and in the future.

Haven't used either so I can't verify if they are accurate.

Anyone knows if there are equivalent arrival apps for Immigration queues in the US or UK?
                                whoa, that's cool. Vy useful in managing expectations. Thks vy much

Comment

Working...
                                X