Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nosy AVOD Survey: What Did You Watch/Listen/Play on your recent fllights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
    On DL HKG-DTW, 777LR with flat beds in BE and a nice big screen (about the same size as on the SQ 747s in FC) for AVOD: 21, movie about a team of poker-playing card-counting MIT students using their system to make money in Vegas. The champagne (same PH that SQ serves in J/C)
    I heard good things about 21. Will have to check it out on one of my longer flights.

MSPeconomist, I think you meant the PH that SQ used to serve in Y more than a decade ago. They served the CH in J/C until it got replaced by Bolly

I just watched Detective Dee & The Mystery of the Shadow Flame (Mandarin title: Di Renjie) on CI 66. Watched Eat, Pray, Love with Portuguese subtitles on my EK 705 last month
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
      kapitan, I tried to find these movies in this month's KrisWorld, but couldn't find them. Which flight were you on and when?

I did find listed in the KW magazine, the other Chinese movies you mentioned in your second post and I'm gonna watch them on my next SQ flight of more than 2 hours. Been a while since I watched a Chinese-language movie on board a flight
      Now which flight was I on? ... I did quite a few long hual last year and cannot remember which one it was that I watched those...

I make it a point to watch chinese movies while in the plane... English language one, I could easily get them ...
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I watched SALT on all 4 of my recent long haul flights in Dec and Jan. Love spy movies.

Also, The Social Network (), Splice (morbid) and the odd tv series episode to pass time.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          Love spy movies.

Also, The Social Network (), Splice (morbid)
          Speaking of spy movies, I just watched Red on my HA 40 a few weeks ago. Love Helen Mirren.

Watched Splice last month only cuz Adrien Brody is in it. Have resisted watching the Social Network, but will prolly do so one of these days

Comment

Two really good movies recently: RED on SQ285 AKL-SIN and True Grit on SQ281 SIN-AKL. Also watched the classic Blackadder "The Black Seal" - the final episode of season 1.

Comment

Just watched The King's Speech on my UA 109

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
              I make it a point to watch chinese movies while in the plane... English language one, I could easily get them ...
              That's how I feel when I fly CI, I gotta tune in to the Taiwanese/Taigi/Hokkien audio channels

Comment

Fired up the IFE and tried to find something I had not watch. Came across the latest Harry Potter movie so gave that ago. Being quite a dark (literally) movie I found it hard to watch, even after adjusting the screen settings and shutting the window shades, you could not see it very well. (J Class A380)

Comment

DL 264
                  MSP - AMS
                  11 March 2011

Watched:
                  The Big Bang Theory (American Sitcom)
                  Several travel documentaries titled "Delta Destinations"

Listened:
                  Bach to the Future by BNM Corp. (Nice lounge music - instrumental remix of Bach's Air on a G String)

KL 553
                  AMS - CAI
                  13 March 2011

Watched:
                  Mr. Bean
                  Just for Laughs

KL 554
                  CAI - AMS
                  20 March 2011

Watched:
                  The Big Bang Theory (American Sitcom)
                  How I Met Your Mother (American Sitcom)
                  Two and a Half Men (American Sitcom)

DL 259
                  AMS - MSP
                  21 March 2011

Watched:
                  Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" - 'Dubai' (Discovery/Travel Channel Documentary)

Listened:
                  Bach to the Future by BNM Corp. (Nice lounge music - instrumental remix of Bach's Air on a G String)
                  Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

On my AC 111 this month, watched an episode of Mirador, a French-Canadian tv series, a French movie entitled Les invités de mon père, as well as The Lincoln Lawyer starring Matthew McConaughey.

Comment

SIN-HKG Thor
                      HKG-SIN Finished Thor then Source Code

Comment

BA flights between LHR and SIN and vice versa :
                        The Chronicles of Narnia: The voyage of the dawn treader
                        Several wildlife documentaries - David Attenborough and his giant egg, and another lion documentary
                        Wonders of the Universe with some Professor explaining about the theories of the universe
                        Raymond Blanc and his summer desserts
                        Heston trying to be a BA cabin crew

I must confess that I find the entertainment on BA more educational and 'arty' compared to certain airlines which seem to screen more Hollywood blockbusters with lots of bang bang bang and not much intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                          I must confess that I find the entertainment on BA more educational and 'arty' compared to certain airlines which seem to screen more Hollywood blockbusters with lots of bang bang bang and not much intelligence.
                          That's how I feel about the movie selection on SQ compared to EK. SQ's KrisWorld has a more diverse collection of movies that are not just blockbusters, but often have critical merit. EK's ICE might have a bigger selection of movies, but they are mostly commercial fare with the usual mix of classics and recent blockbusters.

On my SQ 68 this month, I watched Tropa da Elite 2 (which became the topic of discussion over the course of a Sunday churrasco at a friend's house in Rio), Copacabana (a French film starring Isabelle Huppert about a middle-aged woman inspired by the dream of going to Rio), Un Cuento Chino (Argentinian film), Formosa Mambo (Taiwanese), and Il Gioiellino (Italian)

On SQ 67, I watched a French movie that I had seen some ten years ago, Une Affaire de Gout, before launching into a mini Bollywood moviethon where I watched Engeyum Kaadhal (Kollywood movie shot in Paris), Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Shaitan, Murder 2, and Ready!

Comment

B727, you have quite a liking for exotic (exotic because it is foreign to me but perhaps not in your case?) movies!

I went through a phase of French and Spanish gay movies (not on flights) because the men looked yummy. I prefer watching French and Italian films because they are more art-housy and bizarre.

I watched the Japanese film, Departures, on one of my KLM flights and ended up in tears. The crew got quite concerned and someone came to ask me if everything was okay.

EK is bling, therefore it is not surprising their movie choices would cater to that kind of crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                              I went through a phase of French and Spanish gay movies (not on flights) because the men looked yummy. I prefer watching French and Italian films because they are more art-housy and bizarre.

I watched the Japanese film, Departures, on one of my KLM flights and ended up in tears. The crew got quite concerned and someone came to ask me if everything was okay.
                              I watched another Japanese movie, April Bride (余命1ヶ月の花嫁), on one of my flights a couple years ago and someone should've mentioned what a tearjerker it was (including a scene by the male lead which can only be described as explicit crying and we are talking snotshots!). However, I did like the theme song of the soundtrack and 明日が来るなら by Juju feat. Jay'ed ended up being one of my favorite songs of 2009

phaleesy, if you enjoy looking at Latin/Mediterranean men, you should join me poolside at the Sheraton Rio where the view is latinissimo with sunkissed crowds of Brasilian, Argentinian, and Italian visitors And speaking of French cinema, I was very pleased that the French film Les Yeaux de Sa Mere starring Catherine Deneuve, Nicolas Duvauchelle and the great Marisa Paredes (that I had actually started to watch on AC 111 back in July, but did not finish) was shown uncut and uncensored on board my EK 248 last month whereas the Bollywood hit Murder 2 was heavily censored including scenes with two of my favorite songs. Also watched the Italian comedy Immaturi starring Raoul Bova on that same flight.

Looking forward to my SQ 67 this month and a slew of new February movie offerings to ensure that I will be up all night (and all day) watching movies

Comment

April 2012 Inflight Entertainment

Just watched the Farewell to the B747 documentary on my SQ 975

I laughed when they ran the ad clip showing the Singapore Girl as a gigantic figure towering over a black and white New York skyline, taking on King Kong and holding him in the palm of her hand (presumably to show him that KrisWorld is the King of Inflight Cinema )

I cried when I saw the Singapore Girl plating elegant petits fours and carving a beautiful slice of chateaubriand, knowing I will never experience trolley plating on SQ again (but grateful in the knowledge that my final dessert and cordials trolley service happened as recently as April 2009 on SQ 17, served by a legendary SQ IFS no less)

I reminisced about flying the B747-200 Super B (SIN-BAH-FCO and an ikan kurau fish dinner), the B747-300 Big Top (LAX-HNL-TPE-SIN and a mixed grill for breakfast), and the B747-400 Mega Top (HKG-SIN and the yummiest inflight yeung chow fried rice ever!)

Also this month on my CI 003, watched The Muppets movie, a vintage Brigitte Lin Ching Hsia double-feature: Up To Rainbow (奔向彩虹) and Cloud of Romance (我是一片雲), and a Scandinavian double-feature: Headhunters (Hodejegerne/Norway) and In A Better World (Hævnen/Denmark)

And right as we were landing in TPE, listened to the New Formosa Band 新寶島康樂隊 album from the CD on demand selection
                                Last edited by B727; 6 April 2012, 03:30 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                                X