Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 Days in Lisbon, 8 Hours in London: Qantas A380 Y, Heathrow Lounges, TAP to Lisbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
    Wonderful TR, yflyer!

Great pictures of Lisbon as well! Almost everything I hear about Lisbon, and Portugal in general for that matter, for visiting has been consistently positive, and I too would love to visit sometime.
    Thanks SQGamespeed! Yes, apart from Lisbon, my friends also recommended Porto and other cities/towns in this picturesque country with so much to offer to visitors. I can't wait for the opportunity to head back there...

Comment

Another brilliant TR from your esteemed pen, yflyer. Lisbon is such a pretty place!

Comment

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
        Another brilliant TR from your esteemed pen, yflyer.
        Thanks, loldude333!

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
        Lisbon is such a pretty place!
        It is, isn't it! A dream destination for photographers...

Comment

Detailed TR with lovely photos, yflyer! Makes me want to go back for another few days.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            Detailed TR with lovely photos, yflyer! Makes me want to go back for another few days.
            Thanks, CarbonMan! Lots of good airfare deals to Lisbon these days.

Comment

Always enjoy your trip reports, yflyer! Just wanted to ask how you found TAP's non-reclining economy seats? These days I find that I almost always recline my seat as soon as I am able to even on the shortest flights. This is especially so when I want a good rest on board, so I can't imagine not being able to do so

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                Always enjoy your trip reports, yflyer! Just wanted to ask how you found TAP's non-reclining economy seats? These days I find that I almost always recline my seat as soon as I am able to even on the shortest flights. This is especially so when I want a good rest on board, so I can't imagine not being able to do so
                Thanks, Jumbojet Lover!

Regarding the TAP slimline non-reclining seat, I found it fine for a short haul flight -- no worse than any other narrowbody. I probably wouldn't be too happy on flights longer than 2 hours in this type of seat, though.

On a related topic, I am really not a fan of 4 or 5 hour flights on a narrowbody, whether an A320 or a 737. Even when the seats recline, these flights are just too long to feel comfortable in a narrow single-aisle tube...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                  On a related topic, I am really not a fan of 4 or 5 hour flights on a narrowbody, whether an A320 or a 737. Even when the seats recline, these flights are just too long to feel comfortable in a narrow single-aisle tube...
                  As someone based in North America traveling fairly frequently between both coasts, transcontinental narrowbody flights are an unfortunate reality, difficult to avoid. I've resigned myself to that misery (on US carriers in economy no less). That's nothing though, compared to being on a regional jet for more than 3 hours - imagine that!
                  http://www.gcmap.com/featured/20180607

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                    As someone based in North America traveling fairly frequently between both coasts, transcontinental narrowbody flights are an unfortunate reality, difficult to avoid. I've resigned myself to that misery (on US carriers in economy no less). That's nothing though, compared to being on a regional jet for more than 3 hours - imagine that!
                    http://www.gcmap.com/featured/20180607
                    Yes, agree it is seems to be mostly narrowbodies for US transcon flights. I have a 4 hour SFO-ORD sector coming up operated by a 737-900 and I am not looking forward to it! My return ORD-SFO is a 757, which I don't mind since there aren't that many opportunities for me to fly on 757's these days, since that type seems to have become quite rare in Asia.

As for 3 hour RJ flights, those can't be too comfortable either! That said, I haven't yet flown on Embraer RJ's so I would probably try to get myself on one of those just to check out the equipment, if the opportunity arises...

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                      As for 3 hour RJ flights, those can't be too comfortable either! That said, I haven't yet flown on Embraer RJ's so I would probably try to get myself on one of those just to check out the equipment, if the opportunity arises...
                      Of all the regional jets I've taken, Embraer 170/190 are my favourites. Just need to try the CSeries for a fair comparison

Comment

Working...
                      X