Early Check-in on SQ7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Check-in on SQ7

I'm spending a day in LA for meetings next month. I'll be flying into LAX from the East Coast late Thursday night, and will be flying back to SIN on SQ7 departing 1750 on Friday. I'll stay at an airport hotel (probably Hyatt Regency).

Would it be possible for me to check my baggage in early Friday, when the SQ counters are open for SQ11 check-in? Then I can go into town for my meetings without the baggage. I know I can leave it at the hotel, but I would then need to stop at the hotel on the way back to the airport.

Based on my past experience is no. Only EX sin flights.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
      Based on my past experience is no. Only EX sin flights.
      No harm trying your luck when SQ11 is open for check-in. SQ11 departs LAX for NRT at 10 am.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
        I'm spending a day in LA for meetings next month. I'll be flying into LAX from the East Coast late Thursday night, and will be flying back to SIN on SQ7 departing 1750 on Friday. I'll stay at an airport hotel (probably Hyatt Regency).

Would it be possible for me to check my baggage in early Friday, when the SQ counters are open for SQ11 check-in? Then I can go into town for my meetings without the baggage. I know I can leave it at the hotel, but I would then need to stop at the hotel on the way back to the airport.
        I don't think you're likely to be successful and I agree with alian. Unless they have a special contract with LAX, they will only be able to check in bags at flight time.

You have to consider- if they say no, would you then need to return to the hotel with you bags, then return a second time to the hotel, or can you take your bags into town with you? Personally, I don't think it's worth the extra trip to the airport check-in, standing in line and then probably being told no. Definitely don't plan your time to head to the airport from meetings on the assumption your bags will be checked in already.

Comment

Thanks for all the answers. I'll call SQ in LA when I'm there to see what they say. Still a month away.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
            Thanks for all the answers. I'll call SQ in LA when I'm there to see what they say. Still a month away.
            An alternative is to use a storage facility or locker. Saw this link perhaps it may help http://www.laxluggagestorage.com

Comment

Working...
            X