Expert Flyer vs. KVS Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVS vs ExpertFlyer Comparison

Just found this helpful comparison chart.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32519850@N02/5990215095/

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Just found this helpful comparison chart.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32519850@N02/5990215095/
      These comparison charts are courtesy of FT member Lux -- here is the *A part:

Originally posted by Lux@FT

Comment

Can I resurrect this thread to ask for expert opinions on whether KVS or EF is better for someone who travels mainly on *A for both commercial and redemption basis? I don't travel enough to justify both. There are opinions elsewhere, just like an update on both if there're any.

I would like to access them while traveling, which means mostly through the iPad. I see that KVS does have web-access now instead of just thin-client. Is that as comprehensive?

Thanks for info.
        ExpertFlyer has full access to all *A airlines for fares and availability and here is an updated list of the airlines supported for Awards & Upgrades: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do ExpertFlyer has a 5-day free trial so you can try it out with no obligation.

Another service to evaluate is AwardNexus.com - It also screen scrapes from airline websites for award information (AC,CO,ANA) for *A awards but has more ExpertFlyer like features such as being web based and allowing multiple day searching. It also has a free version that you can use if you create a FlyerTalk account.

Comment

I would like to access them while traveling, which means mostly through the iPad. I see that KVS does have web-access now instead of just thin-client. Is that as comprehensive?
          It does? Where is that?

Does KVS run well on iDOS for the iPad?

Originally posted by ExpertFlyer Voice View Post
          Another service to evaluate is AwardNexus.com - It also screen scrapes from airline websites for award information (AC,CO,ANA) for *A awards but has more ExpertFlyer like features such as being web based and allowing multiple day searching. It also has a free version that you can use if you create a FlyerTalk account.
          Has anyone used AwardNexus.com or awardtravelr.com?
          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            It does? Where is that?
            I don't have an ID, but you can try accessing it at m.kvstool.com.

Comment

Has anyone used AwardNexus.com or awardtravelr.com?
              IME, Awardnexus worked quite well.

It managed to search accurately for SQ (non-380/77W/345) and *A availability in I, for redemption using miles of a *A partner.

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
                IME, Awardnexus worked quite well.

It managed to search accurately for SQ (non-380/77W/345) and *A availability in I, for redemption using miles of a *A partner.
                How does it compare?
                HUGE AL

Comment

How does it compare?
                  I have no experience with KVS/EF, but the results produced by Awardnexus were largely identical to that of CO's award search tool.

Comment

Been using EF for six months now. Other than a couple glitches with the iPad and LH false availability, I'm a happy customer. The alerts are the great differentiator -- as is the OS X / iOS friendliness. If KVS would incorporate these two things, I would give them a try.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                    X